xalcer13

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
Hi, I'm building my first PC ever and honestly I have little idea about it. I'm trying to decide in a motherboard but I can't tell which one is better, they all kinda look the same to my newbie eye. These are my options right now:

• MSI Z390-A Pro (130€)
  • Gygabyte Z390 Gaming X (143€)
  • Asus Prime Z390-P (150€)
  • Gygabyte Z390 Gaming SLI (162€)
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (195€/170€ refurbished)

The CPU would be a i5-9600k 3.7Ghz. I could try and OC, but I'm not sure if any of them are actually good for it. I really would appreciate any help.

The entire build would be like this, if it helps.
- CPU: i5-9600k 3.7Ghz
- Graphic: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
- Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
- SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD NVMe M.2
- HDD: Toshiba P300 3.5" 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3
- Case: (Still thinking it) Nox Hummer TGX Rainbow RGB 3.0 USB
- PSU: (Still thinking it) Nox Urano VX 750W 80+ Bronze 140MM PWM

All of those boards will work, even when overclocking. Maybe the lowest one isn't the best choice, but there are motherboards less than a 100 euros that will work just fine with overclocking. As long as it's a Z series chipset, the board SHOULD be good enough for overclocking.

xalcer13

Honorable
Jan 6, 2018
All of those boards will work, even when overclocking. Maybe the lowest one isn't the best choice, but there are motherboards less than a 100 euros that will work just fine with overclocking. As long as it's a Z series chipset, the board SHOULD be good enough for overclocking.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Then, it doesn't matter which one I choose? They're all almost the same?

That's not really what I'm saying, haha. It probably won't matter which you choose, but one's going to be better than the other, of course. I'm an ASUS motherboard fanboy, but that starts after the Prime series, I'd skip that one. From these 5, I'd go for one of the Gigabyte boards.

The differences you'll see between those boards are probably mostly looks. Try finding a website that will let you compare the boards and look for specific features you're looking for, like extra USB ports or M.2 slots, RGB or specifically non-RGB, more fan headers, easier connectors, everything you could imagine. If you have no specific wishes, I'd go for the cheapest.