Question Which NVME is better? WESTERN DIGITAL BLACK NVME 250GB VS Adata SX6000 Lite

fpshooterful

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Just want to know which NVME is better between the Western digital black 250GB or ADATA SX6000 lite 256GB?

Now this is mostly for Gaming and SOME video editing. My concern is like games like GTA 5 or Witcher 3 i want the maps/levels to load faster and of course have smoother and higher FPS gameplay.

Now currently i have a 120GB (not enough space) Corsair mp500 NVME. It loads windows really fast and the research i did the Adata SX6000 is kinda slacking behind in performance compared to my MP500 Corsair.

I am leaning MORE towards Adata sx6000 cause it is cheaper compared to the Western digital Black, which is about 30ish dollars more.

Should i worry when it comes to gaming when it comes with these NVME? Should i just go with Adata? Or Will the Western Black nvme be better for gaming?

ALSO i have a MSI B360-A-PRO mobo which has this nvme optane genie option in BIOS, will i be able to use this option for the NVME i mentioned? Or is it just for INTEL?

fpshooterful

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Intel's 660P might even rival whatever prices you are getting for Adata...; a 1 TB Intel 660P NVME drive is only $109 on Amazon, and the 500 GB variant is $75...

Thanks for the quick response, i should've been more clear on my location and price. For the adata nvme x6000 lite is $72 CND dollars WITH TAX.

The Western digital black 250GB is about $120 CND with tax.

I live in Canada so pretty much all PC hardware is expensive. Don't want to wait and order online. Since also if i order anything for US i pay HIGH custom fees when it comes to PC parts.

These parts i mentioned is at my local PC shop called Canadacomputers.