tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
Hello. I have already found the rest PC parts except from the motherboard.

I was thinking to buy MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk (148 euro) or MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon (178 euro) or MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC (178 euro) .

They are quite similar but the Gaming Pro Carbon and Gaming Edge are 30 euro more expensive.

What do you think? Does it worth to give 30 more euro for MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon or MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC ?

Which one should I pick? Here is their comparison : https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/comp...37825-REG_1437829-REG_1437831-REG_1438187-REG

By the way take a look at my PC Build here if you want : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RQHZx6

Last edited:
Solution
The MAG Tomahawk has everything needed and two Gbit Nics as well but if you are pairing the motherboard with a 9700K or 9900K i would go the Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon route as it has a better VRM setup. If you need Wifi then the Edge...

If you are going lower like the 9600K or 8700K then the Tomahawk will be good enough.

hope that helps...

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
I'd pick the Gaming Edge AC simply because it's got WiFi bundled with the board. Go for 3200MHz ram kit, also change the SSD to the 970 Evo Plus variant.
Well to be honest I am not interested in WiFi... So would you still suggest me to go for Gaming Edge AC? By the way thanks for your Ram and SSD suggestion I will look into it!

Lutfij

Titan
I don't understand why you needed to create the same thread in spite of having a thread running here. If you're asking me where I'd spend the money, it'd be on the board I shortlisted from those three. If you're asking for my suggestion, I'll need to know more details about your motherbaord purchase intentions since you've already dismissed my idea of having wifi onboard.

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
I don't understand why you needed to create the same thread in spite of having a thread running here. If you're asking me where I'd spend the money, it'd be on the board I shortlisted from those three. If you're asking for my suggestion, I'll need to know more details about your motherbaord purchase intentions since you've already dismissed my idea of having wifi onboard.
Sorry for opening a new thread but I am kinda in hurry to build this pc... to be honest it's not for me... it's for my

brother and he is gonna need it soon... he will leave for college.. that's why I was in hurry... I didn't get an answer

for a whole day... and I decided to open a new thread but kinda different... Sorry again... By the way... for the

motherboard I am more interested in quality since they are quite similar and I am not interested in WiFi...

For example...
the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon (178 euro) and the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC (178 euro) are

better in quality or something and they cost 30 more euro?

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
I would also consider the Gigabyte Aorus Elite especially as it has one of the best VRM setups...
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GP...lite-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z390-aorus-elite
Or the Aorus Pro the a little more.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MV...us-pro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z390-aorus-pro
Thanks for the suggestion! I checked them out but... sadly they are not available near me... and I would prefer to save some money... so I was thinking to buy the MSI Mag Z390 Tomahawk (148 euro) but I wanted to know if the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon (178 euro) or MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC (178 euro) worth the 30 more euro...

The MAG Tomahawk has everything needed and two Gbit Nics as well but if you are pairing the motherboard with a 9700K or 9900K i would go the Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon route as it has a better VRM setup. If you need Wifi then the Edge...

If you are going lower like the 9600K or 8700K then the Tomahawk will be good enough.

hope that helps...

Solution

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

hope that helps...
Well I am gonna use the i5-9600k and I am not gonna overclock either so I guess I am gonna buy the Tomahawk then! Thank you for your help! By the way this is my PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RQHZx6

No problems at all....

As to the build, it looks fine and everything works well together. Just in case you have not bought all the parts yet and if you have ignore the rest that follows:

A couple of points though. If you can get DDR4 3200 then all the better as it is the sweet spot in terms of price and should only be a couple of bucks more.

Also if you have not already bought the Nvidia GTX 1060 (which I think you have in the past) as it seems very pricey, then consider this GTX 1660Ti at just $249.99. It is better and faster than the 1060...

Also you do not need a 750w power supply and a good 550w Gold like the Seasonic Focus Gold will do the job and it is a great PSU...

tracker39

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
No problems at all....

As to the build, it looks fine and everything works well together. Just in case you have not bought all the parts yet and if you have ignore the rest that follows:

A couple of points though. If you can get DDR4 3200 then all the better as it is the sweet spot in terms of price and should only be a couple of bucks more.

Also if you have not already bought the Nvidia GTX 1060 (which I think you have in the past) as it seems very pricey, then consider this GTX 1660Ti at just $249.99. It is better and faster than the 1060...

Also you do not need a 750w power supply and a good 550w Gold like the Seasonic Focus Gold will do the job and it is a great PSU...

Well I haven't bought anything yet but I am gonna buy them this week!
By the way I have already looked the prices between DDR4 3000 and 3200...I don't know why but in my country the 3200 it's 20 euro more expensive... as for the PSU I was gonna buy the 650 w but the 750w was only 9 euro more expensive than 650w so I decided to buy the 750w psu just in case I want to upgrade the system later and finally the Graphics card... Wow...I didn't expect that the GTX 1660Ti price was so close to 1060! I will buy the 1660Ti instead! Thanks once again for helping me!!! :)

Well I haven't bought anything yet but I am gonna buy them this week!
By the way I have already looked the prices between DDR4 3000 and 3200...I don't know why but in my country the 3200 it's 20 euro more expensive... as for the PSU I was gonna buy the 650 w but the 750w was only 9 euro more expensive than 650w so I decided to buy the 750w psu just in case I want to upgrade the system later and finally the Graphics card... Wow...I didn't expect that the GTX 1660Ti price was so close to 1060! I will buy the 1660Ti instead! Thanks once again for helping me!!! :)

No problems at all...and a good point on the PSU especially as it is only $9 more....No issues on the RAM so stick to DDR 4 3000.

And the GTX 1660Ti will be great and a huge gain on the gaming side over the GTX 1060....Enjoy your build.