dallas

Hey Huw,

Every time I see your name I try to mentally pronounce it... the trouble is,
I just have no idea if it's correct. Perhaps you would do us the favor of
phonetically writing your name?

Dallas

Huw is like Spew (being sick) with no "sp" just a "h" instead.

This is not intended to offend Huw just clarify the point.

Geoff

GeoffC wrote:
> Huw is like Spew (being sick) with no "sp" just a "h" instead.
>
> This is not intended to offend Huw just clarify the point.
>
> Geoff

Well, I was gonna say "you with an h in front" but I suppose that works
too... ;)

Huw

dallas

"GeoffC"
> Huw is like Spew (being sick) with no "sp" just a "h" instead.

Uh oh... this could generate a new nickname.

:)

Dallas

crash

Dallas wrote:
> "GeoffC"
>> Huw is like Spew (being sick) with no "sp" just a "h" instead.
>
> Uh oh... this could generate a new nickname.

Yeah, but only a varmit would think of that........... d:->))

Dallas wrote:
> Well, color me pink... I guess I don't get out much, I've never seen that
> name before.
>
> Is it Welsh ?
>

> Dallas

Yep, it's Welsh, which is probably why I didn't think to mention "Hugh"
- the horrible English variant. ;)

Huw

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:39:24 GMT, Huw Roberts wrote:

> Well, I was gonna say "you with an h in front" but I suppose that works
> too... ;)

You really need to do something special, so you can obtain a listing in
"Who's Who..." ;)

Bill

Huw,

Would I be correct in thinking that the correct pronunciation of Huw and
Hugh are like Bill and Fred in similarity.

Geoff

GeoffC wrote:
> Huw,
>
> Would I be correct in thinking that the correct pronunciation of Huw and
> Hugh are like Bill and Fred in similarity.
>
> Geoff

No, they sound exactly the same.

Huw

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> Which reminds me...when is that silly "Dallas" going to finally accept
> his new call sign and start using it? :)

Hey! It took you 60 days to accept your fate!

:p

Dallas

59 and counting :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:58:17 -0600, CRaSH wrote:

> Dallas wrote:
>> Uh oh... this could generate a new nickname.
>
> Yeah, but only a varmit would think of that........... d:->))

You'd better watch it, Crash. I've read that varmits like cats for lunch.
:)

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

Strange, I once knew a Huw who played Tuba (brass instrument)

Lived in Newcastle NSW