Who wants one of these puppies?

Cabletwitch

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Tyans new Personal SuperComputer...

http://www.tyan.com/html/pr06_typhoon_psc.html

For the ridiculous amounts of power available, I doubt anyone would ever want more. But 16 possible cores? Thats gotta suck up the juice. And 64Gb of DDR400 isnt to be sneezed at either. Mind you, it would make for one hell of a folding box, or a nice little LANparty server box. Assuming anyone could actually afford it :D

Also, for the inevitable 'Oh why would anyone need it' replies from the killjoys, we all know we'd never get any use from it. Not unless it comes with SLI (Which it doesnt). Still, it would be fun trying to overclock the beast, and a watercooling setup might be interesting... 8O

dorion

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2005
Frankly I wanted to see pictures of puppies.

I'd make it into a folding box, running 16 different distributed computing apps. Make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

silentcoercion

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
I have a feeling it'd be pretty damn useful for some of the computational work I do (math major, soon to be mathematician), though I'm not at all sure Matlab could take advantage of all those resources. I use a G5 quad (in the math computer lab at school) for most of my work, and it does pretty well, though I still get stuck with things taking 24hrs+, so this is fairly appealing.

Not that I'd ever be able to afford it, but still, I've been drooling over that for the past couple months since I first saw the announcement that it'd be released.