[SOLVED] Why am I getting low FPS with my NEW RTX 3090 Kingpin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Hello, I used to have a AIB fan cooled RTX 3090 for my primary GPU but today I upgraded to a RTX 3090 Kingpin as the primary.

I used to get 120+ FPS playing Warzone in 4k with no problem.

Today, after I installed the new RTX 3090 Kingpin, my FPS in Warzone is 40-50 FPS why is that?

Solution
The last time I did that, my whole SSD broke(unrepairable and I had to get a new one). So, no thanks.

DDU is a commonly used tool for completely removing gpu drivers. In no way could it brake an SSD unless it was a fake malicious program pretending to be DDU. In the event your problem is a driver corruption issue the options to fix are use DDU (only way I know to 100% remove all traces of the corrupted driver) or reinstalling Windows.
The last time I did that, my whole SSD broke(unrepairable and I had to get a new one). So, no thanks.

DDU is a commonly used tool for completely removing gpu drivers. In no way could it brake an SSD unless it was a fake malicious program pretending to be DDU. In the event your problem is a driver corruption issue the options to fix are use DDU (only way I know to 100% remove all traces of the corrupted driver) or reinstalling Windows.

Solution
I am going to second @sizzling on that. I have been using DDU in every PC I have repaired and had driver issues with NO problems whatsoever. There is absolutely no chance if you downloaded the real DDU to cause damage to an SSD.

For your issues now. Cpu is thermal throttling for sure according to the results of userbenchmark. Check your temps.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
I am going to second @sizzling on that. I have been using DDU in every PC I have repaired and had driver issues with NO problems whatsoever. There is absolutely no chance if you downloaded the real DDU to cause damage to an SSD.

For your issues now. Cpu is thermal throttling for sure according to the results of userbenchmark. Check your temps.
The CPU is NOT thermal throttling but I have noticed that it wont get past 15% and 3.89Ghz when on heavy gaming usage. How to fix this? It should be constantly running on 5.00Ghz

The CPU is NOT thermal throttling but I have noticed that it wont get past 15% and 3.89Ghz when on heavy gaming usage. How to fix this? It should be constantly running on 5.00Ghz

Have you tried going into power plan settings and change it to high performance or go into bios and changing clock speed because I have 10900k runs at 4.99ghz and my power plan is on high and changed settings in bios!

So, what are your temps for cpu idle and while gaming?
What is the make and model of your PSU?
Run cinebench to see how your cpu performs and have cpu-z or HWinfo open to see at what clocks it runs at.

Do use DDU to completely remove driver issues from the equation. Follow this guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.