[SOLVED] Why does my computer keeps restarting every couple of seconds

Jul 28, 2019
So whenever I turn it on it runs for a few seconds before turning off then doing the process again. It shows no error on my PC monitor so possibly a hardware problem

Solution
Ryzen is tightly tied to ram, unlike intel.
If you are going to use just one ram stick, place it in the slot required by your motherboard manual.

What is the make/model of your ram?
Did it come in a 2 stick matched kit, or is it two separate sticks?
Ram must be matched to operate properly.
Even two sticks of the same part number can cause a mismatch.
CPU-Z SPD tab will identify the ram and part number installed.

Look for the bios level of your motherboard.
The bios display will tell you.
CPU-Z will also give you the bios level.
If it is not current, look to see if the updates seem to address ram compatibility issues.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Without any additional info (full system specs including PSU make & model (or part number) and what you did before that issue appeared), what you're looking towards is either dead: CPU, dead MoBo, dead RAM, dead GPU or all of them dead.

Jul 28, 2019
Without any additional info (full system specs including PSU make & model (or part number) and what you did before that issue appeared), what you're looking towards is either dead: CPU, dead MoBo, dead RAM, dead GPU or all of them dead.

Specs are Asus PRIME B350-PLUS and Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6GB Video Card AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 6-Core Socket AM4 3.6GHz CPU Processor and cx650m corsair power supply. I originally had 8gb of ram then it started turning of during playing games then it got worst and I got a 0xc00001 error so I removed one of the ram sticks and it seem to work until a now where it won't even stay on for 6 seconds. So most likely one of them is dead

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Corsair CXm series PSU, at best, is mediocre quality PSU and your PC randomly shutting down during gameplay is obvious sign of PSU not being able to power your PC during heavy load.

Here, my best guess is that your PSU eventually failed completely and fried something else as well. MoBo is usually 1st to go when PSU starts acting up but PSUs have "magical" ability to fry everything they are connected to. The lower the PSU's build quality - the higher of a chance it frying something else as well.

So, bare minimum what you're looking towards is new PSU. This time, don't cheap out on PSU, instead buy a good quality unit since PSU is the most important component inside the PC. For your PC, any Seasonic PSU in 500W range will do fine, e.g: Focus 550, Focus+ 550, PRIME Ultra 550 Gold or PRIME Ultra 550 Platinum,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/bkp323,9nmxFT,KmgzK8,XndxFT/

Warranty wise:
CXm: 5 years
Focus: 7 years
Focus+: 10 years
PRIME: 12 years (includes all PRIME models: regular, Fanless, AirTouch, SnowSilent, Ultra)

All 3 of my PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Note: getting new PSU alone doesn't fix your system. What new PSU does, is preventing any replacement components also from frying.
To know if your CPU, MoBo, RAM and GPU also survived, you need 2nd, compatible system in where to test out your components. As far as what might be dead, i'd suspect MoBo and/or RAM (since you had RAM errors and removing one stick fixed it for a while, suggesting one stick got damaged already).

Reactions: notcoolkid558479
Jul 28, 2019
Corsair CXm series PSU, at best, is mediocre quality PSU and your PC randomly shutting down during gameplay is obvious sign of PSU not being able to power your PC during heavy load.

Here, my best guess is that your PSU eventually failed completely and fried something else as well. MoBo is usually 1st to go when PSU starts acting up but PSUs have "magical" ability to fry everything they are connected to. The lower the PSU's build quality - the higher of a chance it frying something else as well.

So, bare minimum what you're looking towards is new PSU. This time, don't cheap out on PSU, instead buy a good quality unit since PSU is the most important component inside the PC. For your PC, any Seasonic PSU in 500W range will do fine, e.g: Focus 550, Focus+ 550, PRIME Ultra 550 Gold or PRIME Ultra 550 Platinum,

Warranty wise:
PRIME: 12 years (includes all PRIME models: regular, Fanless, AirTouch, SnowSilent, Ultra)

All 3 of my PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Note: getting new PSU alone doesn't fix your system. What new PSU does, is preventing any replacement components also from frying.
To know if your CPU, MoBo, RAM and GPU also survived, you need 2nd, compatible system in where to test out your components. As far as what might be dead, i'd suspect MoBo and/or RAM (since you had RAM errors and removing one stick fixed it for a while, suggesting one stick got damaged already).

I'll probably ask my brother if I can use his to test because the lights for the mother board and graphics card still light up but yea thanks for help I'll post when I get it working

Reactions: Vic 40
Jul 28, 2019

Warranty wise:

Hey forgot to write this but my brother fixed my PC by changing ram sticks around and it worked again then a week or 2 later it crashes I just assume it's nothing but then couple more weeks later I'm having the same problem

Jul 28, 2019
If the RAM switching helped then issue is within RAM. Here, replace the RAM with new one to get rid of the problem for good.
Could audit events have been dropped to 0 be the problem. I also forgot to mention I'm using windows 10 but it's not activated and I have no virus protection so. It could be something to do with that I'm not sure

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Audit is another term for notification and it does play 0 role on how PC operates.
E.g:
Successful log-in security audit = user has successfully logged into Win.
Failed log-in security audit = user has entered wrong password in Win log-in screen.

If your PC would be infected with malware, it wouldn't be completely nonoperational every two weeks, especially when changing RAM around to get it working again.

New RAM can come as cheap as $62 (3000 Mhz, 2x 8GB),
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DH...-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlgd416g3000hc16cdc01

Jul 28, 2019
Audit is another term for notification and it does play 0 role on how PC operates.
E.g:
Failed log-in security audit = user has entered wrong password in Win log-in screen.

If your PC would be infected with malware, it wouldn't be completely nonoperational every two weeks, especially when changing RAM around to get it working again.

pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DH...-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlgd416g3000hc16cdc01
Ok all buy some new ram and keep you updated once I do

Jul 28, 2019
E.g:

Hey I'm back. The reason I haven't wrote back is because I thought I had fix the problem by USB resesting my PC but the problem is back. I made a video so you can see
View: https://youtu.be/b6EHYEYQqjU

The latest things that I installed are nivida gefore driver update and gta 5 and the first crash happened on gta 5 the temp on msi afterburner was 70 degrees.
The cable unplugged I'm not sure what that does but it was stopping one of the fans on the graphics cards.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Why you have your GPU on the bottom PCI-E slot and not in the upper one?

Besides choking GPUs airflow (since it's facing PSU shroud), upper PCI-E slot has PCI-E lanes taken directly from CPU, while other PCI-E slots take their PCI-E lanes from MoBo chipset and they are also shared with other components (e.g SATA drives).

Move your GPU to the upper PCI-E x16 slot and look if you can get image to your monitor.

Jul 28, 2019
Why you have your GPU on the bottom PCI-E slot and not in the upper one?

Besides choking GPUs airflow (since it's facing PSU shroud), upper PCI-E slot has PCI-E lanes taken directly from CPU, while other PCI-E slots take their PCI-E lanes from MoBo chipset and they are also shared with other components (e.g SATA drives).

Move your GPU to the upper PCI-E x16 slot and look if you can get image to your monitor.
It boots into windows. I fixed it by moving the ram to the outer slots but it rebooted not crashed while playing gta 5. I will test less intense games I will also test both ram sticks and will move gpu.

Jul 28, 2019
Test your ram with memtest86.
Download it to a usb stick and boot from that.
You should be able to complete a full pass with NO errors.

Ryzen seems to have many ram issues. Often tthey are fixed with a motherboard bios update.
One of my ram sticks doesn't work by itself in 3 of the slots but works in the 4th one and the other one works in all of them I'm about to them in the proper slots again
Edit it crashed again I'm also going to reset my PC cause it may be a virus not sure
Edit now the gigabyte logo is flashing with both in

Last edited:
If you are going to use just one ram stick, place it in the slot required by your motherboard manual.

If it is not current, look to see if the updates seem to address ram compatibility issues.

Solution
Jul 28, 2019

it is 2 separate sticks
this video contains the CPU-Z mainboard tab, memory tab, and both slot 2 and 4 ram sticks and this is the bios update website for my motherboard https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4/index.asp#BIOS
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMlV2zodQmk

Jul 28, 2019

OK do I was able to play just fine with both ramsticks in for 3 days then it just crashes out of nowhere

Jul 28, 2019
In the bios, see if you can't increase the ram voltage a bit past the default 1.2v.
Try 1.25. You can usually go as high as 1.35v
Sometimes, that can correct minor incompatibilities. I think you are close here.
I'm seeing if it is my head phones cause it to crash because sometimes when it crashes it made strange sounds through them and I've had issues in the past with them. Once or if it crashes I will turn up the voltage. It may take along time or not at all but until then my headphones are probably the problem