this is the spect:
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59GHz
16Gb ram
NIVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070
500GB M.2 SSD
2TB external hard drive
144Hz WVA Display
windows 10 pro version 2004

i was getting 140 fps when play dying light with max setting in the first play then after 15minute i getting drop FPS with 15 to 20 FPS then i check my performance i get 100decrea celce (my english suck tho) on CPU i turn on the turbo mode to cool it down then turn off the game it instand get back to 40 decrea celce i put my laptop to hight performance when play game then put it back to balance power when not play game even i low the graphic quality in dying light i even getting 15 to 20 FPS so is RTX 2070 suck or it just me SUCK with using my laptop did i miss some thing when first by my laptop (this laptop is new just about 1 or 4 week using)

Pls help me.

Solution
Unfortunately you cannot undervolt the cpu to reduce temperatures. This is because Intel have locked out this feature for 10th gen CPU’s in the BIOS due to a security vulnerability. I have a Dell G5 5590 with 9750h and this cpu is nearly identical to the 10750h but I have the option of undervolting if I use an older BIOS and accept the vulnerability. These CPU’s do run very hot and the Dell range seem to have insufficient cooling for them like most laptops using Intel CPU’s. As I can undervolt and I got my laptop for nearly 1/2 price I kept it. However had I paid full price and not had the ability to undervolt I would have returned the laptop and gone with a laptop using the much cooler running AMD 4000 series CPU’s.
For laptop, they are have a specific settings for gaming performance.
I see you already set the power plan to "high performance", so try check on Nvidia Control Panel (by right-click on dekstop) and make sure the game is on 3D application list.

This is the example :

Lwl5j.jpg

and for the overheating, try to cap the FPS , maybe 60 is enough ? To keep the temperature not getting too hot.

Unfortunately you cannot undervolt the cpu to reduce temperatures. This is because Intel have locked out this feature for 10th gen CPU’s in the BIOS due to a security vulnerability. I have a Dell G5 5590 with 9750h and this cpu is nearly identical to the 10750h but I have the option of undervolting if I use an older BIOS and accept the vulnerability. These CPU’s do run very hot and the Dell range seem to have insufficient cooling for them like most laptops using Intel CPU’s. As I can undervolt and I got my laptop for nearly 1/2 price I kept it. However had I paid full price and not had the ability to undervolt I would have returned the laptop and gone with a laptop using the much cooler running AMD 4000 series CPU’s.

Solution
Aug 26, 2020
is RTX 2070 able to play dying light in the best setting ??
when i play dyinglight with the best setting (i already cap the FPS to 60 FPS) at first it was SO SO SO SO SO smooth ye it smooth but then the sun has falling i mean my FPS drop to 11 and it is a very bad experiment and my eyes ball just bleeding lucky i just exaggerate so everything is fake (not the FPS tho it true the eyes ball is fake) :((((

Aug 26, 2020
nope cap the FPS not work i so sad i mean my laptop is not that bad right but i still blind by just getting FPS drop i'm very sad :( ( buy a bunch of game then when have a gaming laptop not even run smooth on the lowest setting with 60 FPS cap. that make me very sad)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.