kennyk241241

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018
GPU clock speeds keep dropping even when the temps are fine. I thought maybe it could be the cpu throttling but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I don't think it's an issue with the power supply either according to the log file I exported using HWiNFO64. At first, even my CPU clock speeds were very low which was later fixed with a BIOS/chipset update. I was also hoping I could fix my gpu clock speeds by updating the drivers but it didn't. Could someone experienced with this type of stuff have a look at the log file? Would really appreciate it as i've been trying to fix this issue for almost a week now 🙏

HWiNFO64 Log file (This is with cinebench and unigine heaven benchmark running simultaneously. While playing games like CS:GO, the CPU usage drops to 10% and the GPU usage stays at ~95% / but the clock speed decrease to ~600Mhz )

PC Build Specs:
  • Case: Velka 3 rev 2.1
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X
  • Cooler: Noctua L9a
  • Motherboard: B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (16GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz
  • GPU: RTX A4000 16GB (ITX Modded)
  • PSU: ENP-7660B-VK

Is the GPU plugged directly into the motherboard or is there a riser cable? If there is a riser cable you should try testing it without. The power consumption drop that happens with the clockspeed seems consistent across PCIe and 6pin so I don't think it's necessarily power supply/motherboard related.