[SOLVED] Why does my PC keep tabbing in and out of tabs?

steffenwaffless

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
I was playing a game when i pressed a combination of buttons then an error noise sounds, suddenly my keyboard keeps cutting out and my mouse pointer gets stuck and it's movement gets inverted.

I tested this with notepad and i noticed that it selects and deselects tab in a pattern. When the tab is unselected it's visible on my screen but i can't type on it until i click the tab again.
I've reset my PC thrice but the problem keeps arising. I've checked task manager and it doesn't seem like a process is causing it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: I'm not sure if it's linked but when i full screen chrome the task bar disappears.

Last edited:
Solution
The issue is likely to be the combination of buttons being used.

For example:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/in...witch-between-tabs-in-ie7-using-shortcut-key/

You need to determine exactly what key combinations and/or mouse buttons cause the problem behaviors.

Then you can perhaps change the end behavior, or remap the keys.

Especially if the keyboard/mouse has related software to do so.

Windows also has a number controllable gaming functions via

"WIN" + "I" > "Gaming" and "Ease of Access".

And do not forget the game - if the game includes some customized key press combinations that duplicate other native key press combinations then the end results of the key presses are likely to be...

Ralston18

Titan
The issue is likely to be the combination of buttons being used.

For example:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/in...witch-between-tabs-in-ie7-using-shortcut-key/

You need to determine exactly what key combinations and/or mouse buttons cause the problem behaviors.

Then you can perhaps change the end behavior, or remap the keys.

Especially if the keyboard/mouse has related software to do so.

Windows also has a number controllable gaming functions via

"WIN" + "I" > "Gaming" and "Ease of Access".

And do not forget the game - if the game includes some customized key press combinations that duplicate other native key press combinations then the end results of the key presses are likely to be bizarre.

Solution