Question Why does PCIe wifi stop working when USB device is connected ?

Sep 2, 2020
I have a ryzen 2400g with a asus a320m-k motherboard. 16Gb of ram. I am running 3 x 1080p displays on the iGPU using a usb 3.0 to vga adapter. I have a tp link wifi pcie adapter (tl-WN881ND) installed. I have been running into a problem where if a connect my usb hub or the usb to vga adapter my wifi still shows all the networks and I can try to connect to them but windows 10 keeps failing to connect. Sometimes it connects but with no internet access.

I thought it was because i have to many usb devices but after buying a pcie usb card I still have the same problem. When the hub/adapter are disconnected the wifi works fine.

Any solution/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? Make and model of your USB hub and adapter?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

include your display's as well. Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for the motherboard.

I have a ryzen 2400g with a asus a320m-k motherboard. 16Gb of ram. I am running 3 x 1080p displays on the iGPU using a usb 3.0 to vga adapter. I have a tp link wifi pcie adapter (tl-WN881ND) installed. I have been running into a problem where if a connect my usb hub or the usb to vga adapter my wifi still shows all the networks and I can try to connect to them but windows 10 keeps failing to connect. Sometimes it connects but with no internet access.

I thought it was because i have to many usb devices but after buying a pcie usb card I still have the same problem. When the hub/adapter are disconnected the wifi works fine.

Any solution/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Does it still do this with the USB 3.0 to VGA adapter out of the system? Completely removed, even the drivers it must require.

Other than that, make sure drivers for the WiFi card, the iGPU and the AMD chipset drivers are all properly installed and up to date.

But I suspect it's an incompatibility with that USB 3.0 to VGA adapter, either hardware or it's driver, that's at the root of your problem.

Sep 2, 2020
Make and model of your PSU? Make and model of your USB hub and adapter?

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU: amd ryzen 2400G
Motherboard: asus a320m-k
Ram: 16Gb Hyperx
SSD/HDD: Samsung 860 evo
GPU: IGPU (vega 11)
PSU: antec vp500p

include your display's as well. Check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for the motherboard.
Display: 2x Dell s2416h, 1 dell se2419hr
BIOS: latest version, updated this week.

Sep 2, 2020
Does it still do this with the USB 3.0 to VGA adapter out of the system? Completely removed, even the drivers it must require.

Other than that, make sure drivers for the WiFi card, the iGPU and the AMD chipset drivers are all properly installed and up to date.

But I suspect it's an incompatibility with that USB 3.0 to VGA adapter, either hardware or it's driver, that's at the root of your problem.

When I unplug the USB device that causes the wifi to stop working, the wifi works and connects to my network.

I have updated and check all of the drivers for the wifi and the usb devices.