Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
Hello,

I bought a new television a couple of months ago,
A 55Inch Full HD (lg 55c9pla).
My PC has a nvidia gtx 1070

So I was excited to test this TV with my PC and downloaded 4K movie
This problem:
When I play it in full screen on my TV, this is not smooth it looks like my PC can't handle it.
When I put it on a HD and play it directly from my TV, it works perfect.
So for me it is strange that a television can play it easily, but my PC with GTX1070 can't.
I play the movie with 5K-player and updated it already.

Can you give my some advice what to try of maybe confirm my Graphic card is to old already?

Thanks a lot in advance
Sander

Lutfij

Titan
I'm curious to ask what the file format is for the 4K content you just downloaded. Speaking of downloaded, where did you source the content from and what is the content you speak of? You might want to look at a codec player like VLC or K-Lite and see if that changes your experience.

Do you see the same (choppiness) when gaming on the 4K TV?

tarantino

Reputable
Jul 12, 2016
I'm curious to ask what the file format is for the 4K content you just downloaded. Speaking of downloaded, where did you source the content from and what is the content you speak of? You might want to look at a codec player like VLC or K-Lite and see if that changes your experience.

Do you see the same (choppiness) when gaming on the 4K TV?

Hello,

Thanks for the reaction.
I found something more.
I just tested COD black ops in 4096x2160 with antialising x8 and everything was normal, no choppiness!
BUT to test this is changed my monitor to only my TV.
I tested the 4K movie and this worked fine too when I only use 1 monitor.

The video is mkv format (It is a trailer of the lion king). I tried to play it with MPC-HC (which I use for non 4K movies and works perfect)
I have VLC installed too, but it isn't working with none of them (only 5K player)...

Is it possible that my GTX1070 can handle 4096x2160 but can't handle
4096x2160 AND an extra monitor?

If this can be the case, than maybe I will test more with extended screen when gaming and with my tv only And then try the same for my video.
Extended screen when gaming is never needed, I know, but for video playing it can be useful to play it in extended mode and is a pity if it doesn't work.

Thanks already for the advice.