Question Why is my cpu overheating?

Jun 24, 2023
Hello I currently have an issue where my cpu will reach temps of 100 degrees when using my pc when idle it can be around 50-60.

The inside of the pc feels cool and doesn’t feel hot at all I have enough fans to keep the whole thing cool, yet my cpu is overheating?

Firstly I thought this was a virus I have done multiple windows virus checks and an offline windows virus check yet nothing. I then began to think that my cpu cooler pump was broken or not working. One pipe feels much hotter than the other and I cannot tell if there are any vibrations.

I have had my pump break before? And I have got a new one about a yearish ago.

Any ideas on the issue?

Definitely sounds like a failure with the cooler. Depending on what the source was you should check for any recalls/known failures and check warranty status. Depending on your build you may be able to just move to a less expensive air cooler should you be in a situation to have to buy a replacement.

Jun 24, 2023
That's the opposite of what you should be feeling. Instead, they should feel about the same.
Time to replace it... again, just not with another of whatever it is.
That's the opposite of what you should be feeling. Instead, they should feel about the same.
Time to replace it... again, just not with another of whatever it is.
Oh thank you for the advice it’s just that on of the pipes feels a bit hotter than the other I’m going to replace the cpu cooler. Thank you