[SOLVED] Why is my pc stuttering badly in games even when i have a high fps!?

Dec 27, 2020
I have recently started playing battlefront 2 and when i play i get stutters/freezes every 5 seconds almost which make my game feel unplayable. I recently built my pc so i need to know why its not performing well!
My specs
3600XT
1070Ti
16gb 2400mhz ram (oc on 3000mhz)
550w psu
asus b550 a
I have put my whysoslow report below and it says The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 4001 microseconds. This is considered very poor. What is this and how do i fix it? Could this be to do with the stutters?

CPU Speed
Your CPU speed ranged between 3580 Mhz and 4498 MHz. The advertised clock speed of your processor is 4500 MHz.

Your CPUs appears to be throttled down, this is likely due to a power saving setting and not because your CPU is getting too hot. More info..

CPU Temperature
Your CPU temperature could not be measured. Your processor likely does not have a temperature sensor.

CPU Load
While the test was idle, your CPU usage ranged from 16.4% to 82.3%. Your processor's resources do not appear to be used heavily. More info..

Memory Load
The amount of RAM used by your system while the test was running ranged from 29.7% to 95.1%. More info..

Paging Information
During the test hard pagefaults ranged from 0.0 to 1010.0 pagefaults per second. Your system is subject to heavy duty paging which has adverse effects on performance and responsiveness. Your paging file resides on a SSD which fortunately limits the impact of hitting hard pagefaults on your system. More info..

Application responsiveness
The highest application responsiveness on your system was measured at 0.630 ms. This value is considered fair. More info..

Kernel latencies and real-time capabilities
The highest kernel responsiveness on your system was measured at 0.626 ms. This value is considered fair, your system may appear to have difficult processing tasks in real-time. Note that this value says does not say anything about your overall system performance. More info..

BIOS and chipset behavior
The highest measured SM BIOS interrupt or other stall was 4001 microseconds. This is considered very poor. Your system will have difficulty handling multimedia in real-time and will be subject to unexpected stutters and unresponsive behavior. More info..

Conclusion

Your system has been analyzed.
No problems were found.

Report generated on 21/01/2021 15:00:11

Solution
I didn't freshly install windows when i got my new components, i just moved the ssd etc. I installed all the chipset drivers yes. I haven't updated my gpu driver though because it made my game glitch so i didnt want to go back to it.

Well, that's the next thing to do. Best practice is to install Windows 10 properly, not slapping an old install onto new hardware. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it initially works and you chase mystery problems for months. Given that you are actually having problems, a complete wipe of the OS drive and a fresh install is the necessary next step to eliminating possible issues and diagnosing what's going on.
Dec 27, 2020
I didn't freshly install windows when i got my new components, i just moved the ssd etc. I installed all the chipset drivers yes. I haven't updated my gpu driver though because it made my game glitch so i didnt want to go back to it.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Well, that's the next thing to do. Best practice is to install Windows 10 properly, not slapping an old install onto new hardware. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it initially works and you chase mystery problems for months. Given that you are actually having problems, a complete wipe of the OS drive and a fresh install is the necessary next step to eliminating possible issues and diagnosing what's going on.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ok i will reinstall it soon. How do i keep some old videos and documents i have (thats why i didnt do it before). Thanks

Restore from your backups.

If you do not have backups for your important files -- something you should always have 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, under any circumstance and ideally multiple backups in multiple locations -- then you have a data insecurity issue that's way more of an emergency gaming stutter!