Question why is my pc using only 2 cores instead of 4 cores?

Sep 26, 2024
i upgraded from a Intel Pentium dual core to intel Core i5 3570 3.40hz that has 4 cores 4 threads but my pc using only 2 cores i tried every possible way to enable all cores although my BIOS shows that i have 4 cores
is there any way to fix this problem ?​

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would offer a couple of solutions, but also don't know what OS you are using. I am assuming W10, which is still supported.

Go to the Windows Update tab and check the optional drivers to see what is there, if anything. Also can check the Intel DSA to see if it comes up with anything useful. If you check Device Manager, are you seeing any of the yellow triangles?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Reactions: kreemo
Sep 26, 2024
i just went to Intel DSA and its showing that my CPU has 2cores4 threads How is that possible ?
I would offer a couple of solutions, but also don't know what OS you are using. I am assuming W10, which is still supported.

Go to the Windows Update tab and check the optional drivers to see what is there, if anything. Also can check the Intel DSA to see if it comes up with anything useful. If you check Device Manager, are you seeing any of the yellow triangles?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Have you already installed the missing drivers and it is showing that, or....?

In truth, your best bet is a fresh install of Windows if you haven't, but either way you are going to have to locate and install all the proper drivers to make the machine operate its best.

Reactions: kreemo
Sep 26, 2024
Number of processors checkbox has to be cleared (in your msconfig screen).
Save and reboot after the change.
Install Intel inf chipset drivers from motherboard support web site.
THANK YOU !!
it solved by clearing the checkbox in msconfig
its now 4 cores 4 logical processors
Thank you again!