[SOLVED] Why is my PSU fan so loud?

Apr 11, 2020
I built a new PC with the idea of making it to be silent, so I got:
beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Noctua NF-A14 chromax.Black.Swap
NZXT H210i

The only thing I kept from my old build was the PSU, a Cougar GX1050, it is a good PSU and works well so I didn't mind keeping it. But the PC is loud, even with the CPU at 26ºC and all the fan cases turned off, it's pretty loud.
Dust is not a problem, I cleaned everything and the airfilters are as clean as it can be, but the fan is still running all the time.

Should I get another PSU? I was looking at a Seasonic with 650w, I know those are really good and silent but suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Is it the PSU fan making the noise or your cpu fan or another one, possibly the gpu fan? If it is the PSU fan, was it loud before you put it in the new case? If so, yes you would need a new PSU that is rated lower decibels. If not, maybe you could tighten it's mounting screws or adjust them in a way to balance the fan in it better.

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
Is it the PSU fan making the noise or your cpu fan or another one, possibly the gpu fan? If it is the PSU fan, was it loud before you put it in the new case? If so, yes you would need a new PSU that is rated lower decibels. If not, maybe you could tighten it's mounting screws or adjust them in a way to balance the fan in it better.

Solution