[SOLVED] Why my games are running slower?

Oct 10, 2021
This problem started like 3 days ago. I've lost around 20 fps in every game (the old ones are ok). For example Halo: TMCC was running at 60 stable fps and now it runs at 37/40 fps, same for Skyrim (2011) and Titanfall 2 suffered this problem as well.

I tried some of the best options to fix that, I checked the ram (from cmd), the HDD has no issues (also it's defragmented), uninstalled the game and installed it again, played at lower graphics and resolutions, turned off and on the game mode from windows config (the xbox game bar too), the energy plan is not changed, I have nothing running in 2° plane on the task manager (I just open the launcher and the game when I'm going... well, to play), the drivers are updated and also windows 10 (up to this day), checked if I had any virus with windows defender and I used malwarebytes, the gpu is not overheated (it's maximum temp. when playing is 65° C and 34/32° C when doing nothing), I plugged the PC in other house parts to see if it was lack of energy, the hardware is cleaned, the PC can "breathe" bc is not close to any wall or something else.

I don't know what else to do. Is formatting my PC a viable option? And why or why not

My PC specs:

• APU: AMD Ryzen 3200 G with Radeon Graphics Vega 8
  • 16 GB of ram at 2666 MHz (Dual channel 8x2)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
  • Power Supply: Acteck Power R500 500W 115/230V

Solution
This problem started like 3 days ago. I've lost around 20 fps in every game (the old ones are ok). For example Halo: TMCC was running at 60 stable fps and now it runs at 37/40 fps, same for Skyrim (2011) and Titanfall 2 suffered this problem as well.

I tried some of the best options to fix that, I checked the ram (from cmd), the HDD has no issues (also it's defragmented), uninstalled the game and installed it again, played at lower graphics and resolutions, turned off and on the game mode from windows config (the xbox game bar too), the energy plan is not changed, I have nothing running in 2° plane on the task manager (I just open the launcher and the game when I'm going... well, to play), the drivers are updated and also windows...

I tried some of the best options to fix that, I checked the ram (from cmd), the HDD has no issues (also it's defragmented), uninstalled the game and installed it again, played at lower graphics and resolutions, turned off and on the game mode from windows config (the xbox game bar too), the energy plan is not changed, I have nothing running in 2° plane on the task manager (I just open the launcher and the game when I'm going... well, to play), the drivers are updated and also windows 10 (up to this day), checked if I had any virus with windows defender and I used malwarebytes, the gpu is not overheated (it's maximum temp. when playing is 65° C and 34/32° C when doing nothing), I plugged the PC in other house parts to see if it was lack of energy, the hardware is cleaned, the PC can "breathe" bc is not close to any wall or something else.

I don't know what else to do. Is formatting my PC a viable option? And why or why not

My PC specs:

• APU: AMD Ryzen 3200 G with Radeon Graphics Vega 8
  • 16 GB of ram at 2666 MHz (Dual channel 8x2)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
  • Power Supply: Acteck Power R500 500W 115/230V
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 4 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update).

Solution
There really isn't any reason to do a format, much less a BIOS upgrade at this stage. Either a Windows update has affected performance, or a driver update has.

Simple thing would be to check for new GPU drivers, and failing that possibly revert a rev or two and see if that address things. Another thing to consider would be a full shutdown (NOT a power-down; actually select shutdown from the menu) and see if that clears things up after reboot.