[SOLVED] Why wont my pc turn on?

Jun 28, 2020
Yesterday I was replacing my cpu fan with my Dad. The old fan was really cheap and one of the screws seemed to have slightly melted and the fan became stuck in the motherboard. After alot force (hammering and prying), we managed to get it out. However, on the back side of the motherboard (opposite of the cpu) there light scratches. Although they are very minor i can see copper coloring. After installing the new fan and putting everything together, I click the on button on my pc. I see SOME of the lights flicker and all 6 fans for half a second then everything turns off. Im not sure if I installed something wrong but im 99% sure everything is plugged correctly and it still will not turn on. (ALSO, I may have dropped the cpu and gotton some thermal paste on the back. But i cleaned it off. Not sure if that could keep the pc from running.

Solution
Yeah i understand that but should my pc atleast start. The fans spin once or twice then stop
It's a circuit board, there's many circuit lines connecting the cpu to varying devices all over it.
In mishandling it, some of those circuits have been severed and can't be repaired.
Jun 28, 2020
~Ohh no...
Ya'll most likely CRACKED the motherboard. Mobo PCBs are made with multiple layers, and if you can see one of the copper layers - because they're not painted... not good.

It's a goner.
But does this explain my pc turning on for a second then right off. The scratches were very minor. Should my pc atleast stay on for more than a second?

Yesterday I was replacing my cpu fan with my Dad. The old fan was really cheap and one of the screws seemed to have slightly melted and the fan became stuck in the motherboard. After alot force (hammering and prying), we managed to get it out. However, on the back side of the motherboard (opposite of the cpu) there light scratches. Although they are very minor i can see copper coloring. After installing the new fan and putting everything together, I click the on button on my pc. I see SOME of the lights flicker and all 6 fans for half a second then everything turns off. Im not sure if I installed something wrong but im 99% sure everything is plugged correctly and it still will not turn on. (ALSO, I may have dropped the cpu and gotton some thermal paste on the back. But i cleaned it off. Not sure if that could keep the pc from running.
Sounds like a total nightmare! Sensitive electronics aren't meant to be hammered on, pried on dropped or scratched. I'd wager it's all damaged and needs replacing.

Sounds like you might want a shop to check out what might be broken.
What is the make/model of the motherboard, cpu and cooler?

For future reference, if you run the cpu a bit to heat up the thermal paste, the cooler will come off without sticking.