-------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard: Asus B550-F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xt
GPU: Nvidia 1050ti
SSD: WD Black SN750
500W Power Supply
16G of DDR4 Ram
--------------------------------------------------------

I just built this system having the Mobo and CPU being new along with a case. On first startup no problems with WiFi, after restart the driver had the Error Code 12, not enough resources. At that time I have my M.2 in the second slot, so I moved it to the first and Instead I got the Error Code 10, could not start device. I tried a few things new drivers and all that. I couldn't think of anything else and got a new WiFi card. I was still getting the same errors on the new one. Only difference being I happened to have more problems with Windows crashing on startup. The crashes were more likley to happen when the M.2 was on the second slot. But I can get the WiFi after windows crashing multiple times and letting it do its thing and finally boot up. That only works on the second slot for the M.2, on the first one I have't had any luck getting it to work at all. Also tried moving which slot the WiFi card was in.... and nothing. The new and old WiFi card use different drivers so I don't think it is that. I also did a fresh install on Windows and still no luck. It seems the only thing left is the system itself but I have no idea what it could be.

Old WiFi Card: TP-Link Archer T6E
New WiFi Card: TP-Link TX50E

Solution
Well, I think I got a little too excited when I saw that thread. I can't find anything else. And if you swapped in an hdd with a fresh installation of windows and were having the exact same issue, and it's not a bios or driver problem, or even another hardware problem like with ram, and definitely not a wireless adaptor driver problem, then all signs point to the the motherboard imo.

I'm normally a bit too quick to RMA components I can't figure out (for myself) but in this case if you've tried everything there's not much left to do.

If I missed something hopefully one of the experts will jump in.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I'm just guessing because I hate to see this question go unanswered, don't be insulted:

1) On Gigabyte motherboards one m2 slot shares with a sata cord connector slot; if that's true for Asus perhaps your sata cord is taking priority, although it shouldn't, and that's why there aren't enough resources. You'd have to check your motherboard's manual about that and then move the sata cord. If you even have another drive.

2) "Both M.2 slots support up to the type 22110 socket and NVM Express® RAID for a performance boost." Is your motherboard enabling NVM Express RAID automatically? If it's clashing with something that would explain why the fresh Windows install didn't work. Wait, is that for NVMEs? Which you don't have. But maybe the motherboard enabled it anyway. And I don't know anything about this particular socket type but I'm guessing you do.

3) "Turning Gaming Mode on will disable low power mode and keep the SSD running at peak levels for longer sustained execution when you want non-stop, consistent high performance. " Is Gaming Mode on in your WD Black SN750 ? Maybe it's buggy, turn it off. Or, plot twist, turn it on if it's off.

I could definitely be wrong but I think it's going to be either your m2 or your motherboard. If you could get an old drive and do a fresh install of windows on it, you could see if everything works normally when using only that drive. It's easier than finding and installing another motherboard. OR, if you manage to boot successfully you can physically move your pc to the ethernet cord and let Windows Update do its thing; whatever you're missing, it will know and if it's nothing, then you know to focus on your motherboard. New motherboards can be buggy, it happens.

4) Is your ram compatible with your new motherboard? Although I think if it weren't you'd be stuck in a boot loop, not whatever this is.

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021
I'm just guessing because I hate to see this question go unanswered, don't be insulted:

1) On Gigabyte motherboards one m2 slot shares with a sata cord connector slot; if that's true for Asus perhaps your sata cord is taking priority, although it shouldn't, and that's why there aren't enough resources. You'd have to check your motherboard's manual about that and then move the sata cord. If you even have another drive.

2) "Both M.2 slots support up to the type 22110 socket and NVM Express® RAID for a performance boost." Is your motherboard enabling NVM Express RAID automatically? If it's clashing with something that would explain why the fresh Windows install didn't work. Wait, is that for NVMEs? Which you don't have. But maybe the motherboard enabled it anyway. And I don't know anything about this particular socket type but I'm guessing you do.

3) "Turning Gaming Mode on will disable low power mode and keep the SSD running at peak levels for longer sustained execution when you want non-stop, consistent high performance. " Is Gaming Mode on in your WD Black SN750 ? Maybe it's buggy, turn it off. Or, plot twist, turn it on if it's off.

I could definitely be wrong but I think it's going to be either your m2 or your motherboard. If you could get an old drive and do a fresh install of windows on it, you could see if everything works normally when using only that drive. It's easier than finding and installing another motherboard. OR, if you manage to boot successfully you can physically move your pc to the ethernet cord and let Windows Update do its thing; whatever you're missing, it will know and if it's nothing, then you know to focus on your motherboard. New motherboards can be buggy, it happens.

4) Is your ram compatible with your new motherboard? Although I think if it weren't you'd be stuck in a boot loop, not whatever this is.
Actaully it is a NVME so I did make sure RAID was disabled and it was so no luck there. The SSD was on gaming mode so I turned it off and no difference.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Based on another thread I would try one stick of ram in each slot. Apparently a bad dimm slot prevented someone's motherboard from reading the drive in the m2 slot correctly. I dont' get it either but motherboards are weird. You might as well try the rest of your ram in only one slot too, just to make sure they're all good. You shouldn't be crashing so much, or at all, and I think fixing that should help fix the internet problem.

I don't know what else it could be, sorry. Here is a list of things to try, hardware-wise: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

You could try the advice here to see if that's why your fresh install of Windows didn't work: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/frequent-blue-screens-after-ssd-installation.3678228/

If it's not too late you can RMA one or both the ssd and the motherboard. It's hard to say which one unless you can try a different drive (even an hdd) or motherboard.

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021
Well before
Based on another thread I would try one stick of ram in each slot. Apparently a bad dimm slot prevented someone's motherboard from reading the drive in the m2 slot correctly. I dont' get it either but motherboards are weird. You might as well try the rest of your ram in only one slot too, just to make sure they're all good. You shouldn't be crashing so much, or at all, and I think fixing that should help fix the internet problem.

I don't know what else it could be, sorry. Here is a list of things to try, hardware-wise: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

You could try the advice here to see if that's why your fresh install of Windows didn't work: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/frequent-blue-screens-after-ssd-installation.3678228/

If it's not too late you can RMA one or both the ssd and the motherboard. It's hard to say which one unless you can try a different drive (even an hdd) or motherboard.
Well before I saw this I took out my m.2 and plugged in another empty HDD. Fresh install of windows from a USB. That didn’t solve the problem. I dad what you suggested with the RAM and didn't notice any problems or fix anything. I did notice that not every time but pretty often when I moved the ram stick the WiFi would work on first startup, but after restart it no longer worked. So I guess that rules out the M.2 and leaves the motherboard. What do you think is new motherboard the next move.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Well hang on, this person has almost the same problem with the same m2 NVMe and almost the same motherboard. No resolution though, I hate that. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...tion-to-gpu-and-pcie-network-adapter.3674655/

Can you check device manager and see if you have any unknowns? The wireless card might be an "other device" below "network devices." I know you said it wasn't a driver problem but that would be a driver problem. When you can get on the internet I would follow what SkyNetRising said and get the chipset drivers, then the other drivers, including wireless. And doublecheck that your bios is up to date, although I'm sure you've done that.

I'm digging for more info. The m2 nvme problem is not uncommon it seems, but I can't seem to find a solution for it.

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
Well, I think I got a little too excited when I saw that thread. I can't find anything else. And if you swapped in an hdd with a fresh installation of windows and were having the exact same issue, and it's not a bios or driver problem, or even another hardware problem like with ram, and definitely not a wireless adaptor driver problem, then all signs point to the the motherboard imo.

I'm normally a bit too quick to RMA components I can't figure out (for myself) but in this case if you've tried everything there's not much left to do.

Solution

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021

Well I think I will just get the motherboard replaced. Thanks for all the help and I will tell you how that goes once I get it.

Jacob Harris12

Commendable
Jan 7, 2021

Well I got the new motherboard and everything is working perfectly. Again thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.