[SOLVED] Wifi Connection Superb -- 25kB/s...? Wifi Card?

nymyria

Honorable
Aug 16, 2015
Hiya,

I'm noticing recently that my internet connection seems to be extremely poor in comparison to what it should be. My download speed is a max of 1mb/s, mostly hovers at less than 500kb or less, and often drops out completely, usually just for a second but sometimes up to 5. I'm pretty sure that's responsible for an awful jittering issue I've been having in MMOs. Meanwhile Ookla's speed test tells me I should be sending and receiving upwards of 550mb/s. We have fibre optic internet, so this just doesn't make sense. No one is streaming, all drivers updated, recently completed a clean reinstall of windows. The router is directly downstairs from me.

My wifi card is the ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card, I bought it in 2016 when I built this PC. From what I can tell it doesn't support 5G, but I'm not quite sure. I'm also seeing that most people say its lifespan is ~3 years. Does it maybe just need to be replaced?

Last edited:
Solution
would try with a lan cable on the router if you could could be some wi-fi signal around that block you and if you have admin to router try to use a less crowded channel not the default one they usually have .