InTakeYT1

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
My PC's wifi has stopped working
The driver name is
Mediatek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 (Rz616) 160MHz Wireless Lan Card
It gets error code 10, the device cannot start.
I've tried multiple things and can't update/roll back the driver as Windows can't update the driver for a device with error code 10.
Any ideas? Thanks

InTakeYT1

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
You should be under warranty, meaning you RMA the board. Since the wifi module comes bundled with the board, it's probable that the adapter itself is borked or that the BIOS might've nuked it in some update.
Well I've seen lots of ppl with the same wifi card name having the same issue so there has to be some solution than to wait weeks getting a replacement

The fastest way to see if it is hardware is to get linux usb boot image. If this was a intel card I would be more confident that most images you find have support for the wifi card. The mediatek one has been out long enough you would think there is support.
If linux has issue then it pretty much has to be a hardware issue. Error code 10 in windows is mostly hardware related especially if you can't get it to load a different driver.

From what I can tell that wifi part number is a soldered in chip so if it is bad you have to replace the motherboard. If it was m.2 you could swap it out.

I guess it depends if you want to deal with the hassle of RMA. You might consider a addin pcie card or even a USB3 wifi device. If you go pcie would look for intel210 devices they are more supported and aren't any more expensive. You can get a ax210 pcie card for under $30

InTakeYT1

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
The fastest way to see if it is hardware is to get linux usb boot image. If this was a intel card I would be more confident that most images you find have support for the wifi card. The mediatek one has been out long enough you would think there is support.
If linux has issue then it pretty much has to be a hardware issue. Error code 10 in windows is mostly hardware related especially if you can't get it to load a different driver.

From what I can tell that wifi part number is a soldered in chip so if it is bad you have to replace the motherboard. If it was m.2 you could swap it out.

I guess it depends if you want to deal with the hassle of RMA. You might consider a addin pcie card or even a USB3 wifi device. If you go pcie would look for intel210 devices they are more supported and aren't any more expensive. You can get a ax210 pcie card for under $30
I found out that I "can" load different drivers once I uninstall it and install a different one but to no avail
I see on other reddits that this is a common issue with b650 boards/ this mediatek driver but they fixed it with a power cycle whereas mine doesn't