May 20, 2020
Hi All - Thanks in advance for listening to my following question. Im new here please forgive any lack of knowledge.

I plan on connecting the following network, could someone please be specific if it is even possible? The main concern I have is the Computer connected to Router via Wifi - Is it possible to have the TV and Speaker System connected to a Switch wired into the Computer LAN socket so they can access the internet and max transfer speeds from that computers fast Wifi Adapter..?? or/and are there specific network ids required to be set to make it happen and How?

https://sn3301files.storage.live.co...0i0FQ/Network.jpg?psid=1&width=647&height=434

Many Kind Thanks

Solution
This would be easier to get a device designed for this purpose. A network "extender/repeater" has the ability to run in client mode. This in effect acts as a wifi nic card you connect via ethernet.

You can use your PC to do this using a function called ICS. You are in effect converting your expensive pc into a dumb router. You have to be very careful what software you run on the pc becuase the load could disrupt traffic passign though the machine.

Microsoft has lot of good documentations on setting up ICS. It is extremely simple and stupid. Its main purpose was to share dialup modems back in the day and it has not been upgraded much other than to support newer hardware.
This would be easier to get a device designed for this purpose. A network "extender/repeater" has the ability to run in client mode. This in effect acts as a wifi nic card you connect via ethernet.

You can use your PC to do this using a function called ICS. You are in effect converting your expensive pc into a dumb router. You have to be very careful what software you run on the pc becuase the load could disrupt traffic passign though the machine.

Microsoft has lot of good documentations on setting up ICS. It is extremely simple and stupid. Its main purpose was to share dialup modems back in the day and it has not been upgraded much other than to support newer hardware.

Reactions: Nashy187
Solution
May 20, 2020

Thank you kindly Good Sir. I will take your excellent advice and use an extender,
the D-Link DAP-1650 Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Range Extender https://g.co/kgs/Lz2XSH shall work well with the D-Link AC1300 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router DIR-853 https://g.co/kgs/TUsi6C in my setup.

Keep helping us simpletons Bill001g you are doing great things :)