Question Will a Hyper 212 EVO v2 fit in my old Aerocool GT?

Patriot_95

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
I'm looking to upgrade my CPU cooler since I really need it in my i7-2600k. (Getting 60 C° idle and sometimes even 90 C° without any explanation)
Since I'm already opening my case and putting new thermal paste, might as well upgrade the cooler in the process.

The AeroCool GT (190mm W) page says that it supports CPU coolers up to 158mm, but I wouldn't be so sure:

I was looking at the Hyper 212 v1 and the Arctic Freezer 34 Single but they are 159mm and 157mm respectively, so they won't fit in my case.
The Hyper 212 v2 on the other hand, is smaller with its 155mm. It may be a tight fit though.

Or could you give me smaller recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it.

Patriot_95

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
The Hyper 212 EVO V2 should fit no problem. Other options are the Scythe Fuma 2 and Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B (*Edit: which are admittedly difficult to find at their regular price.)

What is your current cooler?
Just a little better than a stock fan.
I don't remember which one exactly but it's a Cooler Master like the A93, i50, etc. Like those type of small cpu coolers.

I never had problem since I rarely use my pc for gaming, but I do watch high bitrate videos on it and they are pretty cpu demanding.
And since I've had this cooler for years, I think it's time for a small upgrade.

For example, right now I'm sitting at 70 C° idle.

Just a little better than a stock fan.
I don't remember which one exactly but it's a Cooler Master like the A93, i50, etc. Like those type of small cpu coolers.

I never had problem since I rarely use my pc for gaming, but I do watch high bitrate videos on it and they are pretty cpu demanding.
And since I've had this cooler for years, I think it's time for a small upgrade.

For example, right now I'm sitting at 70 C° idle.
Sounds like the Hyper 212 EVO V2 would be a good fit.

Patriot_95

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
Sounds like the Hyper 212 EVO V2 would be a good fit.
It did.
Actually, it was a tight fit indeed. I needed to move the side fan a little lower because it wasn't closing. Good thing the case has a lot of holes in that side, so I managed to work around it.

Now I'm getting 35 C° in idle, and 43~ C° while browsing and watching high bitrate videos. Couldn't be much more happy.

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy

TRENDING THREADS