[SOLVED] Will a new CPU help improve frame rates on rust?

Jul 26, 2021
Hello to all you wonderful people,
Thank you in advance for the help, as you can see from the title I have problems running rust. I would like to play the game without any crashes or freezes. I really don't care about the graphics quality, I play it at the lowest. Please could you advise me on what I need to buy. i used to run the game at a steady 30 FPS before their big visuals update but now after the update it runs around 15 FPS. So im hoping that a new processor can fix that for me. I'm not too sure exactly, here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium G3260
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H
Graphics Card: GTx 750 Ti
RAM: 8GB

I hope this is enough information, I'm thinking of buying the i3-4130, not too sure if it's a good idea or if it's even compatible, please let me know if it's not otherwise any advise would be very helpful!

Solution
Thank you in advance for the help, as you can see from the title I have problems running rust. I would like to play the game without any crashes or freezes. I really don't care about the graphics quality, I play it at the lowest. Please could you advise me on what I need to buy. i used to run the game at a steady 30 FPS before their big visuals update but now after the update it runs around 15 FPS. So im hoping that a new processor can fix that for me. I'm not too sure exactly, here are my specs:

I hope this is enough information, I'm thinking of buying the i3-4130, not too sure if it's a good idea or...

I hope this is enough information, I'm thinking of buying the i3-4130, not too sure if it's a good idea or if it's even compatible, please let me know if it's not otherwise any advise would be very helpful!
you should get fps gains from a better cpu, so yes get a better one
Warning: it still won't run stellar, but atleast better

Given your mobo you are bound to 4th gen cpu's, so the i3 4130 will work
See this list for all compatible cpu's and which bios update you MAY need for them to work with your mobo

https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Gigabyte/GA-H81M-S2H(rev._1.0).html

Also given the cpu you are upgrading from , any i3/i5/i7 4th gen would be an upgrade

Get the highest one you want to spend money on, as that will probably be the defining factor in your decision

Reactions: mikasa
Solution
Jul 27, 2021

Hi I just checked the game and it seems it is a CPU intensive game if you are planning to get a CPU upgrade to your existing system better go for a used i5 4590S as it is same socket as your processor FCLGA1150, it seems to be better performer than your existing CPU.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G3260-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4590S/m31434vsm13459

or if you want to check a compatible processor you can look up through this list

https://eu.mouser.com/Semiconductor...-Processing-Units/_/N-6hpef?P=1yy6eg9Z1yy3y20

Hope it was helpful. :)

Reactions: mikasa