Jul 9, 2019
Hi. I am switching GPUs from a RX 580 to a Nvidia 2060S. Bought the card today. I have a freesync 75hz monitor, Asus VG245H. I have looked up all the lists and this monitor does not allow G Sync to be activated. Is this going to be a problem for me?

I thought there might be people on this site who also don't have a G Sync monitor but do have a mid to high end GPU who could tell me. I cannot afford to upgrade my GPU and my monitor together so I choose the former. I mostly play single-player games, big triple-A titles and lots of smaller indie stuff.

Any comments appreciated . Here is my setup: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/b/BWvnTW

Solution
Ok. Are any frame rates above my 75hz going to tear up my screen without vsync or can it vary widely?
It can, depends on the game and action occurring. As long as you have a good CPU paired with this 2060S I really don't see a game that you can't run/cap at 75hz at 1080P and that will help with the tearing. Freesync/Gsync is good if the FPS fluctuates.

WildCard999

Titan
Ok. Are any frame rates above my 75hz going to tear up my screen without vsync or can it vary widely?
It can, depends on the game and action occurring. As long as you have a good CPU paired with this 2060S I really don't see a game that you can't run/cap at 75hz at 1080P and that will help with the tearing. Freesync/Gsync is good if the FPS fluctuates.

Solution
Jul 9, 2019
I can already tell that I will try to upgrade my monitor near the end of the year. I should have bought a monitor with a display port, but at the time I didn't know that I would switch to Nvidia and they weren't yet supporting freesync.