Question Will my PC run Call of Duty Modern Warfare?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your current system exceeds the recommended system requirements in all aspects, so yes. You will be able to play the game. If you're planning an upgrade, that will depend on your budget, but I'd be looking at the 9th Gen Intel I7 and Z390 motherboard.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
How about a Gigabyte B450 Elite and a Ryzen 5 3600x?

If you're going with the 3rd generation Ryzen processor, I'd recommend one of the MSI B450 "MAX" series motherboards. These boards do not require a BIOS update for the 3rd generation Ryzen processors.

PC Part Picker - B450 motherboards - In the Search bar upper right, type in "max" (without quotes).

-Wolf sends

Reactions: brokeBuilder2019

lillozzer68

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2015
If you're going with the 3rd generation Ryzen processor, I'd recommend one of the MSI B450 "MAX" series motherboards. These boards do not require a BIOS update for the 3rd generation Ryzen processors.

PC Part Picker - B450 motherboards - In the Search bar upper right, type in "max" (without quotes).

-Wolf sends
If I get the gigabyte b450 would it come with the latest bios for the 3600x? Or could I go with a x570 board?

Wolfshadw

Titan
If I get the gigabyte b450 would it come with the latest bios for the 3600x? Or could I go with a x570 board?

No. None of the Gigabyte B450 motherboard support the 3rd Generation Ryzen boards natively. It's possible the board you get comes with an updated BIOS, but there is no guarantee. If it does not, then you will need to make sure it has the "Flashback" functionality which allows you to update the BIOS without a supported processor. Otherwise, you will need a natively supported processor in order to update the motherboard BIOS to be compatible with the 3rd generation Ryzen processors.

You could go with the X570 motherboard as well, but they've not been well received and I tend to avoid recommending them.

-Wolf sends