Dec 18, 2020
I've been having severe packet burst in warzone and It's probably because I play on wifi. I've had it for several months and I'm sick and tired of bad bullet reg. I wanna use ethernet but my parents won't let me run a long as cable from the other side of the house to my pc. I live in a 25ish year old house so I don't think wiring won't be too much of an issue. This leaves me to one option:
Powerline adapters!
I have never tried "wired" connection before so I wanna double check if it fixes stability issues and please leave any tips and tricks!

Also, leave any particularly good ones!
($60ish Aussie pls, PS: using my own money so)

Anyways, thanks!

Solution
I transferred to powerline adapters many years ago and it helped for gaming, reduced ping and a more stable connection. I also know someone else who uses a set for their XBox as it improved the online experience over WiFi. I’d say give a set a go.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't think adding more devices between your wireless router and your adapter is going to help with data packet loss(of sorts). Instead I'd try and figure out if your drivers are the culprit or if the OS might've done a number or if the game itself is having the issue across their servers.

You might want to also state the make and model of your router. Please check and see if the router is pending any firmware updates. Then turn you attention to your desktop, making sure you've got the latest BIOS version on your motherboard. Following that, make sure your OS is on the latest version. If on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. Then uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers, reinstalling them with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to also list your specs in case there's an anomaly with your build.

I transferred to powerline adapters many years ago and it helped for gaming, reduced ping and a more stable connection. I also know someone else who uses a set for their XBox as it improved the online experience over WiFi. I’d say give a set a go.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I've been having severe packet burst in warzone and It's probably because I play on wifi. I've had it for several months and I'm sick and tired of bad bullet reg. I wanna use ethernet but my parents won't let me run a long as cable from the other side of the house to my pc. I live in a 25ish year old house so I don't think wiring won't be too much of an issue. This leaves me to one option:
Powerline adapters!
I have never tried "wired" connection before so I wanna double check if it fixes stability issues and please leave any tips and tricks!

Also, leave any particularly good ones!
($60ish Aussie pls, PS: using my own money so)

Anyways, thanks!
What you should do is ask for permission to TEMPORARILY run an ethernet cable for test purposes. If you still have problems with an ethernet cable there is no way that powerline will be better. If an ethernet cable solves the problem then there is hope that powerline might. We don't know what your house wiring is, so performance can't be predicted.

Reactions: SamirD
What you should do is ask for permission to TEMPORARILY run an ethernet cable for test purposes. If you still have problems with an ethernet cable there is no way that powerline will be better. If an ethernet cable solves the problem then there is hope that powerline might. We don't know what your house wiring is, so performance can't be predicted.
This is exactly what I would do. If an ethernet cable can't solve the issue, powerlines won't either.

Dec 18, 2020
I don't have any that's long enough so even if I got one I still won't be allowed :/

Dec 18, 2020
I don't think adding more devices between your wireless router and your adapter is going to help with data packet loss(of sorts). Instead I'd try and figure out if your drivers are the culprit or if the OS might've done a number or if the game itself is having the issue across their servers.

You might want to also state the make and model of your router. Please check and see if the router is pending any firmware updates. Then turn you attention to your desktop, making sure you've got the latest BIOS version on your motherboard. Following that, make sure your OS is on the latest version. If on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. Then uninstall your wireless adapter's drivers, reinstalling them with the latest version in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to also list your specs in case there's an anomaly with your build.
I'm not quite sure what my router/modem model is called. I use the one that is provided by my provider. Maybe a new router helps?

Dec 18, 2020
Also, i dont think my files/drivers are corrupted because I always update as much as I can and i get packet burst every game i play. Not just warzone.

Can you move your pc closer and test with a short ethernet cable just for a short period of time. The whole reason for this is to be sure it is the wifi. You do not want to spend money and find out it is a problem with maybe the router or your ISP connection.

What you want to buy is av2-1000 or av2-2000 units. Do not buy stuff like av200, av500 or av600. All those use older technology that has more issues in houses especially if there is a lot of electrical wire distance between the units.

Australia is expensive on everything and it seems to be more than the simple money exchange rate. I suspect you are going to have to spend a bit more the $60aud

Dec 18, 2020
Can you move your pc closer and test with a short ethernet cable just for a short period of time. The whole reason for this is to be sure it is the wifi. You do not want to spend money and find out it is a problem with maybe the router or your ISP connection.

What you want to buy is av2-1000 or av2-2000 units. Do not buy stuff like av200, av500 or av600. All those use older technology that has more issues in houses especially if there is a lot of electrical wire distance between the units.

Australia is expensive on everything and it seems to be more than the simple money exchange rate. I suspect you are going to have to spend a bit more the $60aud
My mum won't let me move my pc even for a couple of minutes, and you are right Australia is expensive, we have something called "GST" (good sales taxes or something like that) on anything sold here so that means basically adding 18% on top of the full price. That's why you cant just exchange without adding it (18 applies to electronics, different products have different %s)

Dec 18, 2020

Also, a cat 5 (not e) unbranded, 20ms also, costs $20 :/ TF? Imagine buying branded ones....

My mum won't let me move my pc even for a couple of minutes, and you are right Australia is expensive, we have something called "GST" (good sales taxes or something like that) on anything sold here so that means basically adding 18% on top of the full price. That's why you cant just exchange without adding it (18 applies to electronics, different products have different %s)
I’m no expert but I think it’s more to do with import duties and import taxes. I’m in the UK with 20% VAT (GST equivalent) yet am aware Australia is a fair bit more expensive.