[SOLVED] Will the 1660 super fit in my case/mobo?

Dec 4, 2020
So I will be getting a Gigabyte gtx 1660 super gaming oc and I was wondering if it will fit fine on my mobo which is the gigabyte b450m s2h. Also my case was from a prebuilt pc so its a basic case one and i am not sure about it. Can someone help me?

Solution
It is compatible with your motherboard yes.

For the case, you have to open it up and measure how much clearance you have from the back of the case where the GPU will be, to the first obstacle you find.
Your gpu according to the gigabyte webpage has the following dimensions:
L=280 W=116.7 H=40.4 mm

If any dimension of the above is shorter within your case, then it won't fit.
It is compatible with your motherboard yes.

For the case, you have to open it up and measure how much clearance you have from the back of the case where the GPU will be, to the first obstacle you find.
Your gpu according to the gigabyte webpage has the following dimensions:
L=280 W=116.7 H=40.4 mm

If any dimension of the above is shorter within your case, then it won't fit.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Dec 4, 2020
Will, it fit your motherboard? Ye, you only have one slot and there is nothing near it. 🤷‍♂️
Will it fit your case? I have no idea, the card is 11 inches long and I have no idea what case model you have.
Well its like a very basic case with squares on the right of where the mobo should be. I think its for the hdd/ssd storage. Well it that cass i may buy a new bigger case too

Well its like a very basic case with squares on the right of where the mobo should be. I think its for the hdd/ssd storage. Well it that cass i may buy a new bigger case too
That doesn't tell us anything about the distance from the back of your case to your hdd/ssd cage. You need to measure that distance. Measure along the PCI-E slot where the card will be inserted into.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
With a Tape measure or ruler, what do you get between the red lines? You will also need to move the hard drive ether up one slot or to the bottom.
casemeasure

Reactions: dotas1