Jan 17, 2020
I'm having weird issues with my system.

The windows freezes every day randomly under no load. Everything is stuck - mouse, keyboard, screen - when I unplug anything, it isn't recognized when I plug it back - even the screen stays black, the laser on the mouse is off. I have to hard reset every time and after that the pc is stable. I recently upgraded my gpu, ram and added
a second ssd (Kingston).

Full specs:
CPU: 4790k @4.4 GHz - delid - cooled with Noctua NH-D14
MB: Z97 Asus Pro gamer
RAM: 2x8 GB 2400 MHz SavageX - xmp profile to get it to 2400 MHz
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx 5700 XT - no oc
SSD: Intel 720p in PCIe expander board - win drive, games
SSD2: Kingston A - games, programs
HDD: WD Black - downloads, movies

I bought the new gpu and did clean install and I had no significant issues - I was using 2x4GB 1600 MHz Corsair RAM. Then I bought a used ram kit 2x8GB 2400 MHz and a kingston SSD and did yet another clean install. After that, my system hangs every day.

What I did:
I dit 10 passes of memtest without error.
I did stress tests for both gpu and cpu - the system was rock stable - no overheating and the psu rails voltages were good.
I have the newest bios on mobo - 2203.
I have the newest drivers possible for everything (all mobo and cpu chipsets and gpu aswell).
I did a clean windows installation. It only freezes once a day and it's stable for the rest of the day.
I tested all drives with apps from vendors and upgraded the firmware.

The event viewer doesn't contain anything other than some DCOM errors and error: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

I suspect the ram is the issue here, but I have no idea how to test it. Memtest and AIDA64 didn't find any problems.

Jan 17, 2020
I installed it and it worked fine for one day. The system froze again today. It looks like it freezes whenever I try to open some apps, like arma3 or chrome. Sometimes it freezes when I just move the cursor over the destop bar. I also noticed that the hdd led wasn't blinking at all.

Edit:
I also noticed that the AMD Radeon Software doesn't start at the startup after the hard restart and I have to start it manually.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020
Ok, so I ran the reliablity tool and it returned a lot of hardware related errors just prior to those freezes. All of those errors are graphics related, so I will try to roll back to the last stable AMD driver (19.9.2).
Below are IDs of some of those errors:

LKD_0x193_DxgkrnlLiveDump:810__dxgkrnl!DxgCreateLiveDumpWithWdLogs
LKD_0x1A1_WIN32K_CALLOUT_WATCHDOG_win32kbase!UserPowerInfoCallout
LKD_0x1A8_KEYBD_HOTKEY_GraphicsDriver_AMD_dxgkrnl!DISPLAYSTATECHECKER::CreateBlackScreenLiveDump

Jan 17, 2020
Those freezes are gone now. I rolled back to 19.9.2 which is the latest recommended driver by AMD and it's rock solid now, just some minor bugs here and there and mostly in older games.