Question Win 10 freezes daily

Jan 17, 2020
I'm having weird issues with my system.

The windows freezes every day randomly under no load. Everything is stuck - mouse, keyboard, screen - when I unplug anything, it isn't recognized when I plug it back - even the screen stays black, the laser on the mouse is off. I have to hard reset every time and after that the pc is stable. I recently upgraded my gpu, ram and added
a second ssd (Kingston).

Full specs:
CPU: 4790k @4.4 GHz - delid - cooled with Noctua NH-D14
MB: Z97 Asus Pro gamer
RAM: 2x8 GB 2400 MHz SavageX - xmp profile to get it to 2400 MHz
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx 5700 XT - no oc
SSD: Intel 720p in PCIe expander board - win drive, games
SSD2: Kingston A - games, programs
HDD: WD Black - downloads, movies

I bought the new gpu and did clean install and I had no significant issues - I was using 2x4GB 1600 MHz Corsair RAM. Then I bought a used ram kit 2x8GB 2400 MHz and a kingston SSD and did yet another clean install. After that, my system hangs every day.

What I did:
I dit 10 passes of memtest without error.
I did stress tests for both gpu and cpu - the system was rock stable - no overheating and the psu rails voltages were good.
I have the newest bios on mobo - 2203.
I have the newest drivers possible for everything (all mobo and cpu chipsets and gpu aswell).
I did a clean windows installation. It only freezes once a day and it's stable for the rest of the day.
I tested all drives with apps from vendors and upgraded the firmware.

The event viewer doesn't contain anything other than some DCOM errors and error: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

I suspect the ram is the issue here, but I have no idea how to test it. Memtest and AIDA64 didn't find any problems.

Jan 17, 2020
I installed it and it worked fine for one day. The system froze again today. It looks like it freezes whenever I try to open some apps, like arma3 or chrome. Sometimes it freezes when I just move the cursor over the destop bar. I also noticed that the hdd led wasn't blinking at all.

Edit:
I also noticed that the AMD Radeon Software doesn't start at the startup after the hard restart and I have to start it manually.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020
Ok, so I ran the reliablity tool and it returned a lot of hardware related errors just prior to those freezes. All of those errors are graphics related, so I will try to roll back to the last stable AMD driver (19.9.2).
Below are IDs of some of those errors:

LKD_0x193_DxgkrnlLiveDump:810__dxgkrnl!DxgCreateLiveDumpWithWdLogs
LKD_0x1A1_WIN32K_CALLOUT_WATCHDOG_win32kbase!UserPowerInfoCallout
LKD_0x1A8_KEYBD_HOTKEY_GraphicsDriver_AMD_dxgkrnl!DISPLAYSTATECHECKER::CreateBlackScreenLiveDump

Jan 17, 2020
Those freezes are gone now. I rolled back to 19.9.2 which is the latest recommended driver by AMD and it's rock solid now, just some minor bugs here and there and mostly in older games.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS