Question Win11 Crashes After ASRock B760 Pro RS D4 BIOS Upgrade

owensdj

Honorable
Jul 2, 2019
I got a new system going with a ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4 motherboard and i5-14500 processor. The Windows 11 install kept crashing with a whea_uncorrectable_error problem every time at the same point, so I replaced the board. With the new board I was able to install Windows 11 with no problems. At that point I upgraded the firmware version from 7.02 to 10.1 to make sure I didn't get any CPU damage from that 13/14th gen voltage problem. Window 11 black screen crashed booting after that. The Win11 install also crashed with the same error at the same point.

The problem all along was the BIOS upgrade. I'd upgraded it on the original motherboard before doing the Win11 install. Any ideas what's going on or what to do at this point?

I got a new system going with a ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4 motherboard and i5-14500 processor. The Windows 11 install kept crashing with a whea_uncorrectable_error problem every time at the same point, so I replaced the board. With the new board I was able to install Windows 11 with no problems. At that point I upgraded the firmware version from 7.02 to 10.1 to make sure I didn't get any CPU damage from that 13/14th gen voltage problem. Window 11 black screen crashed booting after that. The Win11 install also crashed with the same error at the same point.

The problem all along was the BIOS upgrade. I'd upgraded it on the original motherboard before doing the Win11 install. Any ideas what's going on or what to do at this point?
Hey there,

You will need to clear CMOS. You can do this by following these instructions: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B760M Pro RSD4.pdf

Section 2.11 - Jumpers Setup. It tells you in the section how to perform the clear CMOS.