David Ralph

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Okay this laptop was not mine, it is a friends who's business gave it to him to use for work. It's blue screening and the family owned and operated company gave me full permission to try and fix it. The original problem was that it was constantly blue screening with the error, "page fault in nonpaged area" I assumed a hard drive issue and replaced it with a working one to no avail. I got a different error code (that I forgot to write down) but it was still blue screening and I never got into windows. Next step I tried to reinstall windows using my windows installation media device (on USB). I was able to erase and reformat the original drive, but installing windows kept failing, displaying some error saying that "windows failed to install, please restart and try again." I'm thoroughly stumped at this point, I should have a brand new Kingston m.2 SSD I'm going to try next in the machine, but I fear similar results. Does anyone know what or why this would be happening to a BRAND NEW laptop? The laptop was bought from staples, loaded with the microsoft suite and a few programs and then sent to the employee, the laptop never turned on for him. Any and all help is appreciated. At this point, a working laptop would be a blessing.

Additionally - I tried hooking up the hard drive to my personal machine with the windows installation media device and was still unable to get windows installed on the drive. What is even weirder is that I performed a quick hard drive check through the bios when the hard drive was inside the laptop and the laptop said that the drive was working properly.

Thanks again, sorry for the long post.

Colif

Win 11 Master
page fault in non paged area actually refers to ram, though it can be a driver error

But BSOD during an install could mean its the ram

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.