Feb 18, 2019
hello, I want to know how long a windows 10 installation would be. as i am intending to install windows 10 on an SSD. I am worried this will take an awfully long time as my internet is very slow

the ssd is Kingston a400 120GB

google speed test says this:
download = 5.89mbps, upload =0.60mbps

Latency: 22 ms
Server: London

Your Internet speed is slow
Your Internet connection should be able to handle one device at a time streaming a video. If multiple devices are using this connection at the same time, you may run into some congestion.

Feb 18, 2019
You download the files from the MS site below onto a USB drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Then you install from the USB . Two processes: the time to accomplish the first depends on the internet speed, for the second, on the speed of your processor and system drive.
Hi I'm aware of how to Download windows 10, but I wanted to know how long it would take given the description of my specs and Internet speed. I've got 8gb ram, 1.9ghz dual core.

misar

Prominent
Sep 25, 2018
Hi I'm aware of how to Download windows 10, but I wanted to know how long it would take given the description of my specs and Internet speed. I've got 8gb ram, 1.9ghz dual core.

The RAM is irrelevant. The download will take 2 to 3 hours assuming your test result is repesentative of the speed achievable over that sort of time period.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
windows is over 4 GB in size. at your speed of about 750 KB/s it would take about 1.5 -2 hours assuming the speed stays at that speed. could be faster, could be slower.

once it is downloaded, then how long it takes to install depends on your system specs. they don't effect the download speed but will install speed.

It will take as long as it takes.
2-3 hours maybe.
Whats so important about the time it takes? It will finish when its completed. That's not including connecting back to the Internet to download the gigs of updates as well which may take you another 2-3 hours if not more

TRENDING THREADS