Jan 28, 2021
Every few hours (anywhere from 5-24 hours) my computer completely freezes up. It is lsited in control panel as an unexpected shutdown, with the event time as when ti frozen, and another time when I restart the pc. This has happened before on a different drive, and the issue was getting so annoying that I resolved to just swap to an ssd I had. That was about 2 months ago. I have an rtx 3070, a ryzen 7 2700x, evga superNova G5 600w , and 2 hard drives, one of which was the drive that was previously my boot drive.

Ralston18

Titan
Likely that the PSU is starting to fail.

Provided that I understand correctly installing the SSD (as boot drive) may have had a bit of a benefit in reducing the power demand.

However, the PSU has further declined and is again unable to meet power demands.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for other errors, warnings, and even informational events you can associate with the freezes and unexpected shutdowns.

Jan 28, 2021
The only thing I can find in event viewer is that mpservice is constantly successfully completing operations, even after freezes, though they do seem to eventually stop. Reliability history just says unexpected shutdown, and logs the the time the computer restarts and the time which the freeze occurred. For now, I've stopped mpservice since it seems obscene for it to have so many inputs in event viewer. I'll also get in contact with evga if that does not fix it.