[SOLVED] WINDOWS 10 FREZEES

Apr 12, 2020
Hello guys! (attached my system https://prnt.sc/rxus7i )

MAIN PROBLEM:

My PC when im playing or using other programs that do not consume even many resources WIN frezees. After 3 or 4 hours of working very well my pc only dont work. Suddenly the keyboard stop and the image stop at the same time but the curious is the mouse. The mouse start to lagging when I try to move while others are stoped and in 15 secondos after the mouse finally frezees and all the system is frezeed. (BSOD never appear)

HOW WORK THE SYSTEM: Windows work very well when I boot and when I open a lot of programs.

NOTES:
I was using win 10 ENTERPRISE that worked very good for 2 weeks and the problem appear. So I try with drivers updating, windows updates all about drivers. After that I try in EVENT VIEWER repair some errors but they were frecuently errors so the problem never fixed.
Finally I format my SSD and installed new WIN 10 HOME 1909.
Installed all the drivers first, AMD CHIPSETS, AMD DRIVERS, ETC.

WHAT I TRIED:

Event Viewer:
IS OKAY, NOT SHOW PROBLEMS.
PC Maintenance: I clean all the components, RAM, COOLERS, PINS, and the MICRO.
Temperatures: ARE OKAY ABOUT 41ª CELCIUS so is working ok.
Double drivers: I disabled 1 audio driver that probably makes the problem but it was not fix.
Hard Disk: I put the sleep option to NEVER
BIOS: Is in the last update. Asrock 5.80 version
Windows Update: I update to the last version.
CMD: I execute sfd/scann now and others commands
SSD: IS ON GOOD STATUS by Kingston software. (there isnt firmware updates) I DO NOT REALLY WHAT TO DO I TRIED ALL. I NEVER POST NOTHING ABOUT THE PROBLEMS. SINCE 5 YEARS past I FIXED ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAD, BUT THIS IS VERY STRANGE. Sorry for my English: / but Im really desperate. Thanks!

Attachments

Solution
Raven Ridge CPU needs dual channel memory or your system will slow down.
With a stick of RAM, some tasks could slow down as much as 20% and sometimes above 50%.
Since the integrated GPU is sharing the system memory, Windows does not have enough RAM to perform adequate.
When there isn't enough RAM Windows uses the local storage device which cause system hangs and slow downs.

I suggest reserving only 64MB of RAM for the iGPU to free more RAM for Windows.
In case an app needs more RAM (e.g. gaming), Windows will access more RAM as needed and then will free the RAM.
That looks like a RAM or PSU issue.
Either you do not have enough RAM for the tasks, the RAM is not configured properly or is not fully compatible with your system.
That image shows only 5GB of RAM single channel at 333MHz, which might explain the issue you are encountering is present even after re-installing Windows.

Could you post your system components including model numbers.

Reactions: BRIANSSJ
Apr 12, 2020
That looks like a RAM or PSU issue.
Either you do not have enough RAM for the tasks, the RAM is not configured properly or is not fully compatible with your system.
That image shows only 5GB of RAM single channel at 333MHz, which might explain the issue you are encountering is present even after re-installing Windows.

Could you post your system components including model numbers.
POWER SUPPLY:CGR BS-500
MOTHER: Asrock x370 SLI
MICRO:AMD RYZEN 5 2400G
RAM: TeamGrup 2666 Mhz ddr4 8GBx1

With a stick of RAM, some tasks could slow down as much as 20% and sometimes above 50%.
Since the integrated GPU is sharing the system memory, Windows does not have enough RAM to perform adequate.
When there isn't enough RAM Windows uses the local storage device which cause system hangs and slow downs.

In case an app needs more RAM (e.g. gaming), Windows will access more RAM as needed and then will free the RAM.

Reactions: BRIANSSJ
Solution
Apr 12, 2020

Ahh okay bro! This days I only use chrome program because of work and It consume maybe 54% and that`s all. Im gonna try to put in 64MB the iGPU. Thanks!