Question Windows 10 machine gets stuck on Aorus splash screen

Jan 4, 2021
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I turned my PC on at the wall today and pressed the power button to turn it on and I was granted with the usual Gigabyte Aorus splash screen with the loading circle however unlike usual the PC didn’t boot past this screen and it would get stuck here endlessly.

After multiple reboots the PC entered “automatic repair mode” and then the screen would go black for about 5 minutes and then open Windows recovery, I then used the advanced settings to restore to a previous Windows build however this did not work and the same issue was occurring when I booted the PC, I think Reset the PC in full using the advanced settings, this took around 3 hours and then rebooted and the issue still remained the same, this PC was working completely fine yesterday night and this seemed to happen out of nowhere.

Ive tried messing around with the RAM (I have 4x 8gb DIMM’s and I now have a VRAM issue if I use anything other than slots 1 and 3 and the PC will not post if I use up more than those two slots.

My PC’s specs are:
GPU: RX 5070
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard: Aorus Elite B450

Ive already followed other steps such as checking the boot priority and resetting optimal defaults in BIOS as well as resetting the CMOS by removing the Battery to no avail, do I just need to buy a new SSD and put a fresh copy of Windows on that?

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks

Jan 4, 2021
unplug the hdd
Hi, I unplugged the HDD and this booted with no issues so thanks for your help. My only issue now is that for some reason I cannot boot my PC with all 4 of my RAM sticks anymore, if I boot my PC with my two Corsair RGB ram sticks in either slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 it boots with no issues however if I then insert my two Corsair Vengance sticks into the remaining two slots I am given a DRAM error, the GPU fans do not spin and the fans that are spinning are only running at half the rpm. This worked fine before the initial fault occured.

I tried taking all of the memory out and booting it without any RAM installed in order to try and reset the DRAM on the motherboard and then tried just the corsair sticks one by one to see if either one was faulty, one of them started the computer fine and the other one when inserted alone gave the same DRAM error, I then assumed it was this particular RAM stick that was faulty so I tried to boot the PC with the two RGB sticks again as well as the non-faulty Vengance RAM stick and the PC still gave a DRAM error with no display.

TRENDING THREADS