Question Windows 10 Not Showing Wi-Fi Network Also After These Fixes

Core_Aurora

Prominent
Jun 12, 2020
Hi, I am having an issue with the Wi-Fi connection of my windows 10 PC. My PC is not showing(at first sometimes it showed and sometimes did not) the Wi-Fi network of the router but other Wi-Fi networks such as mobile hotspots are showing up. Also, other devices can detect the Wi-Fi network of the router seamlessly. . The most interesting fact is that if I take wi-Fi from the Router and share it via Wi-Fi tethering, this also is not showing up on the PC.

Methods I followed to fix it up -
• Updated Wi-Fi driver
• Unplugged and plugged the Wi-Fi receiver.
Reinstalled windows 10
Changed the SSID of the router.
• I even tried changing the modem.

But nothing of the above worked for me. Please Guide me to fix the issue.

Reactions: Sick Jacken
Hi, I am having an issue with the Wi-Fi connection of my windows 10 PC. My PC is not showing(at first sometimes it showed and sometimes did not) the Wi-Fi network of the router but other Wi-Fi networks such as mobile hotspots are showing up. Also, other devices can detect the Wi-Fi network of the router seamlessly. . The most interesting fact is that if I take wi-Fi from the Router and share it via Wi-Fi tethering, this also is not showing up on the PC.

Methods I followed to fix it up -
• Updated Wi-Fi driver
• Unplugged and plugged the Wi-Fi receiver.
Reinstalled windows 10
Changed the SSID of the router.
• I even tried changing the modem.

But nothing of the above worked for me. Please Guide me to fix the issue.
If you go to the Windows Store there's a free wifi analyzer you and download and run. Perhaps you could see if that shows anything like nearby neighboring wifi which at least would indicate that your adapter is working and receiving signals. This app will also show you what channels are available and being used just in case you need to change the channels broadcast from your router.

Core_Aurora

Prominent
Jun 12, 2020
If you go to the Windows Store there's a free wifi analyzer you and download and run. Perhaps you could see if that shows anything like nearby neighboring wifi which at least would indicate that your adapter is working and receiving signals. This app will also show you what channels are available and being used just in case you need to change the channels broadcast from your router.
Thanks...
My PC is showing all nearby networks except that of the Router.

Thanks...
My PC is showing all nearby networks except that of the Router.
What is the make and model of the router? What type of security features does it have like Access Control or MAC binding which control which external devices such as your PC's adapter can or cannot connect to it? Since your PC sees neighboring wifis clearly the adapter and software are working properly. So it sounds more like a security block at the router's end.