Question Windows 10 taskbar keeps moving

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
i recently put together a new pc and since i have everytime i log in to my account my tastbar reverts back to being on my main monitor. I have always kept my taskbar on my second monitor with my old pc running windows 10 and never had the issue. I am using the same two monitors i always have and made sure the taskbar was locked after putting it on the second display but it still moves back.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Which monitor is set to the "primary" in Windows Display settings? AFAIK, the taskbar will always default to the "main".... Just ensure you have the appropriate monitor selected as such, and the configuration (which is on the left etc correctly set).

Huwbob5

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
Which monitor is set to the "primary" in Windows Display settings? AFAIK, the taskbar will always default to the "main".... Just ensure you have the appropriate monitor selected as such, and the configuration (which is on the left etc correctly set).
The "main monitor" is what it is moving back to but that's never been an issue in the past. The configuration etc has always been the same