Windows 8 Upgrades Will Get More Expensive in February

Status
Not open for further replies.

runningnak3d

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Microsoft couldn't PAY me to use that crap OS. They want to use it on tablets and desktops, and it isn't good for either. Microsoft, recall the OS -- it is unusable.

catbus1

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
If Microsoft is going to start pushing out bi-yearly operating systems and expect me to consider purchasing them then the price needs to come down. There is literally nothing Windows 8 offers me as a desktop user over Windows 7 especially when Windows 7 came with Media Center for free and I use it a lot. Not only is the OS price stupid high for it's marginal upgrades and features but removing features previously and charging extra for them is ridiculous.

besplatan

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Yeah, the slower-than-Vistas adoption rate is going to get even worse. Windows 8 is a failure on so many levels, not only it didn't help Windows tablets and phones gain sales, it pissed off too many desktop users as well.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I personally like Windows 8 and installed it in a couple machines. The only problem I've had is with the drivers, more specifically with the Wacom drivers of my Thinkpad x230t. Actually and surprisingly the USB 3.0 drivers that come with Microsoft seem to work but I can't get the to work with the Intel ones and the tweaking. Yes, using only keyboard and mouse is a little harder but yu can get used to it. But Windows 8 is faster. All in all I think that the mistake microsoft did was to dissapear the start button, too early and in he wrong moment with so much cometition

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I wouldn't install Win8 on my 6 PCs if I was paid $100 for each PC to do so. Nope, it's total crap and heading in the wrong direction. More customization and personalization, not LESS. We're being forced into a dumbed down one-size-fits-all experience and it's horrible.

It's like all modern browsers, half of the main navigation options are going away and you have to dig around just to get the "Home" button in place. How in the world does removing the home button help anyone? All of this lack of customization is killing me, who does the user testing on all of this crap, monkeys?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]How in the world does removing the home button help anyone?[/citation]

I think browser creators know exactly how many people click the home button and how often. As for removing customization options, I firmly believe that's just a trend being forced by designers and "UI experts" who see dumbed down Apple products making huge bank, and they think it's the dumbing down that's the answer. Or Microsoft sees the success of the iPad and thinks putting touch on desktop is the answer. They're all missing the point.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Stop being drama queens and stop bashing at windows 8, just because it has no start button or only because you see other people bash at it.
It's a great windows. Actually it's my first legit windows. I always used daz loader for windows 7, but now for 29 euro/ 39 dollars it's like being free.
Plus you can do a clean install with an upgrade cd key, which is great.
Give it a try, don't be stupid people. I also didn't like it at the beginning and i was cursing at it, but i got used to it and i'm happy i paid for it.

JohnUSA

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
I would not use the horrible, irritating and extremely poorly designed Windows 8 if Microsoft paid me.
It is absolutely the worst OS I have ever used in my life.
Windows 8 belongs in the sewer.
Save you money and aggravation, do not buy this garbage new OS.
Either get Windows 7 or wait for Windows 9, which we all hope that it will be a lot better than 8. Microsoft is rushing to release the new Windows 9 as they know that they laid a huge egg with Windows 8 as many users are hating it.
You have been warned.

aqe040466

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
If I have a touchscreen monitor then, I will purchase Windows 8 but, not now maybe I'll wait for Windows 9 or even Windows 10., that's the time when keyboard, mouse and monitor is already obsolete because, we will be using holographic screen, keyboard and mouse in the near future.

ELMO_2006

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I purchased the upgrade for 15 bucks and decided to try it via a dual boot setup via multiple drives with Windows 7. then the hardware upgrade came and had a tough time deciding to install Win7 or Win8 as the main OS. Went with the latter and never looked back. To make things easier for the wife I installed the Pokki For Windows 8 add-on which gives you back the Start button and some other extras - FREE!

Time to purchase another copy but this time the upgrade for 40$CAD which is tons cheaper than my Retail Windows 7 Ultimate purchase of 350$CAD.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]billgatez[/nom]Sales in the toilet? Raise the price. F**kin GENIUS.[/citation]

Reality Distortion Field seems to be an unofficial side-effect of being put into the management of any businesses. Just look at the banking industry and Enron.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Nothing has changed, still as many retards not being able to see past the start menu removal as ever.
Fuck all the under-the-hood improvements, I want my start menu by default!
Bunch of tech illiterate hypocrites, enjoy your inferior OS.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Oh my God, I'm running out of time! Wait. Are we dumb? Many weren't even going to ever consider downgrading to Windows 8, so why bother? Microsoft, you can ask for $1000 for Windows 8 Bullshit Edition (actually, I should add those 2 words - Windows 8 itself is bullshit), I'LL STICK TO SE7EN.
Guess what : I'D RATHER MIGRATE TO A DIFFERENT OS INSTEAD OF GETTING WINDOWS 8. And f**k your performance improvements - they're useless if you make the interface UNUSABLE.
So, you know what? The "Get it now, otherwise you'll pay extreme prices" doesn't work and it won't work with such a piece of shit that doesn't even deserve the name "Windows". Keep screwing us, Microsoft, if 7 is gonna be your last real operating system, I'll make sure I will never use ANY Microsoft product. Oh, and please send your "Windows phone" designers to hell - they're all idiots.

Shall I sign with "A Microsoft fan" or....leave it like that, it's a shame for me to even think of your company. May your designers / design teams/ design engineers rest in piss.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]Nothing has changed, still as many retards not being able to see past the start menu removal as ever.Fuck all the under-the-hood improvements, I want my start menu by default!Bunch of tech illiterate hypocrites, enjoy your inferior OS.[/citation]

Amazing, isn't it? The funny part is the start menu is still there so long as you use a mouse.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Marketing reverse psychology, everyone go out and buy it now quick!It's gonna be expensive![/citation]

So, if the price was a normal retail price, what would've people like you said? Let me guess, hmm.... "boooo to windows, greedy bastards, no sales, 90 bucks for the OS, are you crazy".
There will be always people who complain, no matter if it's on a sale, on a full price or whatever.
Ridiculous people, that's what are you.

P.S. You don't get money or a better life by crying like a bitch in every forum or site.

Status
Not open for further replies.