[SOLVED] Windows freezes on boot after 5 seconds

Bad_Company

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Hey guys. So this just happened . I don't know if the hdd part is connected with the freezing but they happened at the same time. Pc was working fine until now. I noticed a ticking sound from my tower. Pointed it to one of my two hdds. I opened file explorer to see if I can access what's inside my hdd , when I opened the drive windows explorer froze . Restarted windows explorer through task manager, but it didn't work so I restarted the pc. as soon as windows booted up it froze within 5 sec. Since then, even with all the hdds and ssds apart from the boot ssd disconnected, windows instantly freeze after 5 seconds. Same on restart and cold boot. Safe mode works fine, used malwarebytes in safe mode but didn't report anything. Any clues on what the heck happened ?

Solution
Nope , didn't even have malwarebytes installed before. Ended up formating because I didn't manage to solve it. So we could say the issue is solved.

foxhound525

Commendable
Mar 14, 2020
Might be a long shot, but did you recently go from Malwarebytes free to a premium trial recently, maybe clicked an upgrade option? Every single time I accidentally 'upgrade' to premium malwarebytes, this exact thing happens to me. Get to desktop, get a tiny amount of time, hard freeze.