Question Windows refuses to boot with both ram sticks in

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTee

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
i7 9700k -- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x8GB 3600MHz -- EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 SC -- Gigabyte G750H PSU -- WD Black 500gb NVMe M.2 SSD

Issue:
I just put together my new setup over the weekend, new mobo, cpu, ram, psu and boot drive (NVMe M.2 SSD). Unfortunately, I went through a series of issues while trying to install windows. I was finally able to get it done, but only after removing one of my ram sticks (Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x8GB 3600 MHz).After installing windows and updating all my drivers, the pc was running smooth.

I tried putting my 2nd ram stick back in, and the computer refuses to boot. I get blue screened every time, mostly getting a kernel error. It won't even get close to booting into windows.

What I tried:
  • Individually put both sticks in the dimm slot I knew was working - PC ran fine
  • Individually put both sticks in the dimm slot for the other channel - PC ran fine
  • Individually try the sticks in each dimm slot to ensure the dimm slots aren't damage - no issue noted
I have the XMP profile active to take advantage of the full speed of these ram sticks.

I'm quite a novice with anything bios related, so I figured I'd give this forum a shot to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

SeanTee

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
Try testing each slot on board in single RAM config. If working, I'd return the memory kit, to be replaced.
This I tried already and it worked with single sticks of ram.
latest bios?
I guess this is my next course of action other than replacing the ram. I was avoiding this as Gigabyte says to avoid updating bios if it is unnecessary due to potential risks. Will try and update.
Thanks

SeanTee

Honorable
Apr 1, 2014
This I tried already and it worked with single sticks of ram.

I guess this is my next course of action other than replacing the ram. I was avoiding this as Gigabyte says to avoid updating bios if it is unnecessary due to potential risks. Will try and update.
Thanks

Updating my bios did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.