Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2018
So I upgraded my pc, I went from a:
MSI 970A-G43 --> MSI B450 PRO M-2
GTX 750 ti --> GTX 1050 ti
AMD fx-4300 --> Ryzen 5 2600
8 gb ddr3 --> 8 gb ddr4

Now my pc is booting up but as soon as its starting windows I get the option menu which gives me two options: Start windows normally or windows startup repair

When I select start windows normally my pc just reboots itself for some reason and when I select windows repair it gives me an option to go back to an older version of my pc in which it was still working... You would say just pick that option and see if it works but the problem is that I cant use my mouse and keyboard in the windows systemrepair for some reason

I've tried all the solutions on the internet: Using usb 2.0 instead of 3.0, using front panel, only using only the keyboard and only the mouse, tried every usb slot etc.

There is one thing I haven't tried and thats a PS/2 keyboard/mouse... Do you guys have any other solutions???

Thanks

Solution
Motherboard change requires a fresh Windows install, so if you're trying to boot the old Windows installation on a different motherboard that's why you're having problems. Even Windows 10 can refuse to play ball if you don't reinstall it after changing the motherboard.
Motherboard change requires a fresh Windows install, so if you're trying to boot the old Windows installation on a different motherboard that's why you're having problems. Even Windows 10 can refuse to play ball if you don't reinstall it after changing the motherboard.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from levivanderwant : "Startyp repair keyboard and mouse not working"

What version of Windows are you using?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is not true. You have swapped all significant hardware, so as far as your old Windows install is concerned, this is a completely new system.

What version of Windows are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.