MRO46

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Hello!

I have a slight problem. I have recently got a new monitor (the same as the last one) as the old one was replaced under warranty. My system does not recognise the monitor now, and will not display at its native resolution (1680 x 1050). The maximum I can get is 1024 x768.

I have updated my graphics drivers and installed Samsung's monitor drivers, both with no luck.

System:
Windows Vista Business 64 SP2
4GB RAM
2x Nvidia 8800GT (In SLi)
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 225UW

Any other info can be provided!

Thanks in advance
Rob

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

This happened to me but only when I had the TV linked to the card without some configurations. I suggest to uninstall the nVidia drivers and boot while using the Windows default drivers. See if you can choose a bigger resolution. After that install the monitor drivers and finally the latest nVidia drivers. Do these steps in this order. 90% it will fix any problem :)

Edited : Thanks Delluser1

MRO46

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Update!

I have tried the above advice, but I'm still stuck at 1024 x 768 on the Samsung monitor :(

I have tried another monitor and I can get that to run at its native of 1280 x 1024.

I have plugged the Computer into my LCD TV, and that works fine too.

I have noticed that when the computer is plugged into the Samsung monitor, I don't get a boot screen, the display comes alive about 5secs after it was booted into Windows!

Any advice/help gents!

Thanks

Rob