[SOLVED] Wraith cooler question..

Aug 7, 2019
I bought the new ryzen 7 3700 and it comes with the wrath cooler obviously..

My question is about its connections..

Firstly, it only came with the USB cable, there wasnt even a rgb header cable inside of the box..
But I seated the CPU, put the cooler on top and latched it, and plugged in the power cord attached to the cooler...

With only the power cord plugged in,
I turned on my pc, and the fan turned on and fan is lighting up colorful..

are the other 2 small cords (USB or rgb) actually needed for performance? Or just give me the ability to control the lights?

Do I technically need either of them? And while using them, do I need both plugged in at the same time or just whichever I choose?

Solution
If you are not concerned with RGB, then neither of those cables means much to you at all and it certainly will not have any effect on cooling performance. The USB cable is, as far as I am aware, simply a secondary method of controlling the RGB lighting for systems that lack the appropriate type of RGB header and controller.
Aug 7, 2019
I tagged 3700x I mustve just not typed it all the way out while asking...

And yes....like I said, the only cord that's actually attached to the fan. The others are detachable.
I read other people calling it its power cord so that's why I did as well..

But my question is about those 2 small cords that come in a separate bag...one is a tiny 4 pin to the cooler and I believe that one is the rgb header connector and the other is a tiny 3 pin to the cooler and thatd be the one that's labeled USB.. I only have two USB 2.0 headers on my board and theyre both taken up...so my question is just do I need those two small cords at all? Are they crucial? My fan is spinning and lighting up even without either plugged in...just the main thicker CPU_FAN connected cord is plugged in..

I hope I worded that clear enough lol

What "power cord" are you talking about? Are you referring to the four pin fan cable that plugs into the CPU_FAN header?

Do you mean the 3700x? Because there is currently no Ryzen 7 3700.

If you are not concerned with RGB, then neither of those cables means much to you at all and it certainly will not have any effect on cooling performance. The USB cable is, as far as I am aware, simply a secondary method of controlling the RGB lighting for systems that lack the appropriate type of RGB header and controller.

Solution
Aug 7, 2019
Thank you!!