Question (x570, ryzen 3700x, rtx 2080ti) so many problems

Oct 19, 2019
I have the following system:
  • msi x570 meg ace,
  • ryzen 3700x,
  • rtx 2080ti
  • 32 3200mhz corsaid dominator rgb.

I start to give up so I decided to make my first post on toms hardware.
I have issues I just cant fix - they mostly included freeses, slows, no posts, very slow posts, it on regular on the most part. The system will never boot from cold, I need to clear cmos every time. Setting the pcie gen back to 3.0 appears to half the likelyhood of things going wrong but either way cold boot is impossible.

I find myself that as I post the system, usually the system freezes on a 07 debug code - sometimes for 1-3 minutes before it carries on.
I read online that a fair few people exerience issues related to 3000x and x570 systems. Recently I made a post on fb to check how many people achieved a stable system and a lot of people apparently did so I thought maybe I should be able to, it's been 3 months since the release at the end of the day, all bios updates should have been rolled out.
What do you recommend?

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Could be an instable or defective RAM. I would try the usual procedure:
  • reset every overclock and disable xmp
  • try one Ram-stick in one slot at a time
  • run memtest

Whats your psu? That could also be one problem. Do you use a riser-cable for your gpu? Those dont work properly with pci-e gen 4.

Oct 19, 2019
My psu is some corsair 850w gold, cant remember the exact model, so far i tried to verify the ram but i had the same results.
I will be back to my machine in a week, I will provide further feedback

Oct 19, 2019
Ok so I am back to my system. I realised that the issues arise only due to the nvidia drivers being installed and yes i am using a gen 3 riser cable pcie on a gen4 slot - it could indeed be the root of the problems. Do you think switching to a gen 4 riser cable will fix everything? Cold boot can still be tricky, but there is a bios update coming very soon according to recent amd news

Oct 19, 2019
Ok so an update. I changed the voltages and frequencies for RAM and CPU manually, to the default and XMP values anyway. Still using the gen3 cable on rtx 2080ti. All problems have faded away, I do not understand what happened.

Oct 19, 2019
Ok little update for the community. The problems came back immediately next day, I changed the riser cable, fixed virtually everything except one small thing. I get a small very brief (2-3 seconds) little stutters. They happen randomly, maybe lets say every 15-20min (is my guess). Any recommendations? It sounds to me like GPU, drivers, PCIE, or Bios, I updated to latest Bios, Im currently on beta Bios as well, I played around with dfferent BIOS settings, XMP, PCIe gen 3-4(in bios), same results. Im gonna try memtest but Im in doubt. Looking forward to hear back from you all.

Oct 19, 2019
Also I can add that stutters are more serious and dont go away when I cold boot or come from standby after several hours. Anyone else experience this kind of nature?