[SOLVED] XFX RX 580 stock switch position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hi ,
I have a XFX RX 580 but I bought it in second hand so I wish to know from someone who bought in new what is the stock position of the swtich of the bios ?

Solution
Hi there, sorry for the late answer. I owned one of this cards and this it's not specified in any manual

The BIOS switch stock position is towards the GPU Power Connector.

The stock BIOS is supposed to have the best timings for Gaming, while the secondary BIOS has alternative timings optimized for Mining (well they are not very optimized for mining indeed).

I attach you a picture for more clarity.

5oOQk3B.jpg
May 6, 2020
Hi there, sorry for the late answer. I owned one of this cards and this it's not specified in any manual

The stock BIOS is supposed to have the best timings for Gaming, while the secondary BIOS has alternative timings optimized for Mining (well they are not very optimized for mining indeed).

5oOQk3B.jpg

Last edited:
Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

5oOQk3B.jpg
thank you.
yes I realized that after changing to that side , in fact it is the gaming side . I bought it second hand and it was on mining side , and it was like that for a few months before I realize that the clocks are lower than normal . Than I changed bios position and that´s it, gaming mode .

Status
Not open for further replies.