Dec 27, 2019
Hi all,
I have a problem with my Corsair RAMs.
I enabled the XMP and it caused instability and blue screens.
Then I tried to use the Ryzen DRAM calaculator. But it didn't help and my computer remained instabil.
Then I tried to increase the DRAM Voltage and it helped i've put it on 1.45V but it was still instabil.
Then i increased the voltage by 0.01V at the time but I got memorily errors every time on memtest86.
Now I am at 1.49V and still get errors on memtest86. I wouldn't go up higher and i don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

I am new to overclocking. This is my first overclockable system.

By the way my specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
Ram: Corsair 2x8GB 3200MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
GPU: GTX 1070
PSU: Corsair CX600

Thank you very much for any help!

WildCard999

Titan
You may need to update the BIOS, do each update in order as skipping to the newest one may brick the motherboard.

Memory must be in the A1/B1 or A2/B2 slots for it to run in dual channel and for XMP to work properly.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10/support#support-manual

I wouldn't bother with any overclocking until the memory is running at the correct speed. You may want to set the motherboard BIOS settings back to default and get the memory to run on XMP before attempting any kind of overclocking.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019
You may need to update the BIOS, do each update in order as skipping to the newest one may brick the motherboard.

Memory must be in the A1/B1 or A2/B2 slots for it to run in dual channel and for XMP to work properly.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-10/support#support-manual

I wouldn't bother with any overclocking until the memory is running at the correct speed. You may want to set the motherboard BIOS settings back to default and get the memory to run on XMP before attempting any kind of overclocking.

The mobo has the newest BIOS.
The Ram modules are in the DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 slots.
Maybe i used the wrong words:
I don't want to overclock, i just want it to work with the XMP.
And it didnt work with the XMP so i thoght i can try OC it manually.

I really appreciate your answer.
Thank you!

Dec 27, 2019
They need to be in the 1/3 or 2/4 slots for XMP to work.

The installing guide says:

Channel A: DDR4_2, DDR4_4
Channel B: DDR4_1, DDR4_3

So should I put my memories in the same channel?
Like: DDR4_2, DDR4_4 or DDR4_1, DDR4_3

OR

Should i put one of my memory in the A channel and the other one in the B channel?
Like: DDR4_2, DDR4_1 or DDR4_4, DDR4_3

Thank you really much for your answer.

Hi all,
I have a problem with my Corsair RAMs.
I enabled the XMP and it caused instability and blue screens.
Then I tried to use the Ryzen DRAM calaculator. But it didn't help and my computer remained instabil.
Then I tried to increase the DRAM Voltage and it helped i've put it on 1.45V but it was still instabil.
Then i increased the voltage by 0.01V at the time but I got memorily errors every time on memtest86.
Now I am at 1.49V and still get errors on memtest86. I wouldn't go up higher and i don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

I am new to overclocking. This is my first overclockable system.

By the way my specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
Ram: Corsair 2x8GB 3200MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
GPU: GTX 1070
PSU: Corsair CX600

Thank you very much for any help!
Your midi also aren’t support by the board you might have difficulty getting them to work at all. That board only has about 6 sets that are verified at 3200 and none of them are Corsair.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Your midi also aren’t support by the board you might have difficulty getting them to work at all. That board only has about 6 sets that are verified at 3200 and none of them are Corsair.
Actually his exact RAM kit is on the QVL for Matisse (Ryzen 3000) CPUs:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_b450-aorus_m_matisse_190828.pdf

Try enabling the XMP profile BUT set the DRAM frequency to 2933 instead of 3200 and see if it will boot.
If it does then try 3200 and then use Memtest86 to test your RAM.

If it returns any errors then I would RMA that RAM kit.

Reactions: WildCard999
Dec 27, 2019
Dec 27, 2019

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Ok, thanks for the answer.
What does it mean to RMA that RAM kit?
RMA means return to Manufacturer for a replacement kit.

But then it won't be dual channel.
From his Page 9 of Manual:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-m_1001_e.pdf
Dual Channel Memory Configuration
This motherboard provides four memory sockets and supports Dual Channel Technology. After the memory is installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the specifications and capacity of the memory. Enabling Dual Channel memory mode will double the original memory bandwidth. The four memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets as following:
Channel A: DDR4_2, DDR4_4
Channel B: DDR4_1, DDR4_3

Dec 27, 2019

Latest posts