May 15, 2022
Hey guys, so basically I built my PC two days ago and since then I'm trying to fix my XMP but nothing is working. I have Ryzen 5 5600x on b550 aorus pro ac board, with 2x8gb 3200MHz c16 ripjaws v kit ram. RAM in on QVL list for the motherboard.
When I turn on XMP pc restarts, then automatic repair opens and on the loading circle freezes and stays stuck at automatic repair screen. Then I need to turn it off and go to BIOS to return RAM to 2133-2400MHz to work normally again. tried everything, from manually setting all the timings to using DRAM calculator with taiphoon, I also tried with 3000MHz, 2993....until 2400MHz when it only works. Ram is in correct slots, (a2,b2), I also did memtest86 and everything was fine with no errors. I'm confused and I don't know what to do. If you guys have any idea how to fix it, I would be very thankful.

Solution
Try setting xmp 3200MHz. Manually change voltage to 1.37v. In the overclocking section of bios, change Fclock from Auto to 1600.
Reboot. Should take a minute, probably reset a couple of times as the memory is trained.

If that doesn't work, reset to 2400, reboot. Download Dram Calculator and run it. Use your phone to take a picture of the secondary timings. Reboot. In bios, reset xmp 3200, leave the primary timings alone (that's the 16-18-18-38), but change the secondary timings to match the phone picture manually, there'll be 20 or so of them. Save and Reset .

Xmp is an auto generic setting that works as is for 90% of pc's, but isn't guaranteed to work on every pc, regardless of QVL or not. Some individual pc's can require a little...
May 15, 2022
What is the exact, full model of your memory? Also, have you reset your BIOS to its default settings since updating your BIOS?
F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
Ripjaws V
DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB) is the model and yes I did reset my BIOS to default settings few times during all of the testings I've done.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Try setting xmp 3200MHz. Manually change voltage to 1.37v. In the overclocking section of bios, change Fclock from Auto to 1600.
Reboot. Should take a minute, probably reset a couple of times as the memory is trained.

If that doesn't work, reset to 2400, reboot. Download Dram Calculator and run it. Use your phone to take a picture of the secondary timings. Reboot. In bios, reset xmp 3200, leave the primary timings alone (that's the 16-18-18-38), but change the secondary timings to match the phone picture manually, there'll be 20 or so of them. Save and Reset .

Xmp is an auto generic setting that works as is for 90% of pc's, but isn't guaranteed to work on every pc, regardless of QVL or not. Some individual pc's can require a little help outside of a one button click.

Solution
May 15, 2022
I just did this and nothing happens, frozen again on automatic repair. I'll now try one with DRAM calulator, I already have pictures or timings taken I'll try and see if it works.

May 15, 2022
Nah it wont even post, fans turn on but no signal on monitor.

May 15, 2022
Sooo I swapped the sticks in their slots and now they work just fine on 3200?? Well that is a really dumb solution... Thank you guys for your help, I'll do some tests to see if everything is okay.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
None of that makes any sense. If the sticks weren't seated correctly they'd not work at default speeds either, not just xmp. There'd be no memtest and passing.

Repair has Nothing to do with bios setups, that's entirely windows related, so getting past POST, and going to windows repair, and then hanging up is a seperate issue to xmp not passing post.

Memory trainung can take several attempts, which can take upto several minutes of seeming inactivity. You'll see fans or lights and nothing on screen. Makes me wonder if you got impatient about boot not going straight through and shut the pc down before memory training finished.

Do that enough times and the memory might actually have finished training and now boots, nothing to do with swapping sticks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
None of that makes any sense. If the sticks weren't seated correctly they'd not work at default speeds either, not just xmp. There'd be no memtest and passing.

Repair has Nothing to do with bios setups, that's entirely windows related, so getting past POST, and going to windows repair, and then hanging up is a seperate issue to xmp not passing post.

Memory trainung can take several attempts, which can take upto several minutes of seeming inactivity. You'll see fans or lights and nothing on screen. Makes me wonder if you got impatient about boot not going straight through and shut the pc down before memory training finished.

Do that enough times and the memory might actually have finished training and now boots, nothing to do with swapping sticks.
Noted and understood how it seems to make little sense, but these things happen. On the other hand, I have never seen memory training take that much time, ever.

The best part of all this is that the OP's system seems to be running better now. Well done.