Maverick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I start-up xp I get a message that has on the header [ USBOADER.EXE ].
In the box it says the exception guard page exception. a page of memory that
marks the end of a data structure such as a stack or and array has been
accessed and then it shows the location ox100011d2. The command says to click
ok to fix but it keeps comming back. I have tried to go back to another date
in time but it will not let me......Help?????

"Maverick" <Maverick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I start-up xp I get a message that has on the header [ USBOADER.EXE ].
>In the box it says the exception guard page exception. a page of memory that
>marks the end of a data structure such as a stack or and array has been
>accessed and then it shows the location ox100011d2. The command says to click
>ok to fix but it keeps comming back. I have tried to go back to another date
>in time but it will not let me......Help?????

A google web search fails to locate a single reference to any file
named USBOADER,EXE; and your "exception guard page exception"
indicates a serious program flaw in a Java application.

The combination of the two indicates a strong possibility that your
computer is infested with some sort of virus/trojan/spyware/malware.

Make certain that your antivirus software is completely up to date
with the virus definitions not more than a week old and do a complete
virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing
an online virus scan at one of the free websites such as:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Follow this up with a spyware checkup by going to MVP Jim Eshelman's
Spyware Quick Fix page and following his recommended steps:
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Maverick,

See which applications are loading at startup.

How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

MSINFO32 displays a comprehensive view of your hardware, system components,
and software environment. The log generated out of this utility helps
troubleshooting process easier. To generate the list of startup
applications, use these steps:

Type MSINFO32.EXE in Start, Run dialog
Click the (+) sign in Software Environment category
Select Startup Programs. System Information will generate the list of
startup entries.
Once the right-pane is populated, click the File menu and choose Export
Type-in a file name (example: startuplog.txt) and choose a location to save
the file.
Close MSINFO32 utility.

Additionally, run these Malware removal tools.

1. Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

2. SpyBot S&D
http://www.safer-networking.org