Question Yellow, red and white Q LEDs flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2020
PC was on, turned suddenly off and when turned back on yellow, red and white Q LEDs flash one by one.

TUF Gaming x570-PLUS (WiFi)
Ram is Kingston
AMD 5 2600
Palit 2060 Dual OC

(VGA, CPU, DRAM Q LED lights flashing)

Reactions: Elowin74
Nov 27, 2020
Those are the Q-LEDs.
They flash on then off as the PC goes through POST.
If one of those stays lit that lets you know there is a problem and what the probable cause is.
[Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators | Official Support | ASUS Global

Sorry for bothering againnn. None of them stays on, the leds keep flashing one by one and fans go on with "pressure" and off. Led on the GPU flashes as well. It has been on for about 10 minutes now and the same thing keeps happening.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Sorry for bothering againnn. None of them stays on, the leds keep flashing one by one and fans go on with "pressure" and off. Led on the GPU flashes as well. It has been on for about 10 minutes now and the same thing keeps happening.
Did you read the Guide I linked too and have you tried anything they suggested ?
Can you get into the BIOS (by tapping the DEL key at boot) ?

Nov 27, 2020
Did you read the Guide I linked too and have you tried anything they suggested ?
Can you get into the BIOS (by tapping the DEL key at boot) ?

Yes I read most of it.

The RAMs / GPU have been taken out and installed back. The monitor doesn't turn on (no signal) neither does keyboard or mouse so can't get to BIOS

It's not my pc unfortunately so I can only check by asking my friend.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Have him install 1 RAM stick in Slot A2 (2nd from the CPU) and then Clear the CMOS like this:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
CLRTC jumper location can be seen on page 1-2 here:
E15236_TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_WEB_060319.pdf (asus.com)
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

He may have to do this 3 or 4 or more times before it works.

If that works have him shutdown the PC and in stall the other RAM stick in slot B2 (4th from the CPU) and then restart the PC.

Nov 27, 2020
Have him install 1 RAM stick in Slot A2 (2nd from the CPU) and then Clear the CMOS like this:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
CLRTC jumper location can be seen on page 1-2 here:
E15236_TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_WEB_060319.pdf (asus.com)
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

He may have to do this 3 or 4 or more times before it works.

If that works have him shutdown the PC and in stall the other RAM stick in slot B2 (4th from the CPU) and then restart the PC.

I appreciate your help. The PC was on for about a solid 30 minutes until RED Q LED lit and didn't turn off again.
My friend tried checked the CPU that it was clean and everything seemed fine, installed it back but nothing changed.

Do you think he should still try the method you commented or is there anything else that could cause this?

Nov 27, 2020
Yes, he should definitely try what I said to clear the CMOS.
That will at least ensure that all the settings in the BIOS are at their default settings.

PC starts like usual, yellow, red and white Q LEDs flash. No power to monitor, keyboard or mouse.
Has tried the RAM thing now about 4 times. (CMOS)

GPU has two fans, other fan kind of tries it hardest to spin and other one doesn't do anything (if that makes a difference).

Edit: He has a "mic stand" which basically only has led lights and those leds turn on in any USB slot but not the keyboard etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.